Western Union money transfer

Thank you! Tomorrow, the new minister (Batakis) could take some actions that may affect the CCL price, making it higher or lower - I think 282 pesos (paying 50% of the transfer fee) is not a bad deal.
I went ahead and did it today without code because it was about same rate as on the street blue even after full fee. To me worth it to hang onto paper dollars.

I was at the Cordoba WU office around 9:15 this morning, roughly fifteen minutes after they opened. The line was already out the door and back along Cordoba to the end of the window. When I finally left an hour later, it was backed up to the bus stop at mid-block. The teller with whom I spoke commented that it would be worse in the afternoon. The state of panic is incredible.
Wow it’s people sending money home you think?

I was at the Cordoba WU office around 9:15 this morning, roughly fifteen minutes after they opened. The line was already out the door and back along Cordoba to the end of the window. When I finally left an hour later, it was backed up to the bus stop at mid-block. The teller with whom I spoke commented that it would be worse in the afternoon. The state of panic is incredible.
You may want to try the Parana office on the next block. It was crowded on Friday but better than the Cordoba office.

For people that have someone that can send them money from a WU US branch office, to be picked up at a store here, the fee now shows $8 per $1,000 transfer. At the current exchange rate of 282.35, the effective rate would be around 281,08.

Seem like the best deal at the moment.

$8 Fee on $1,000 if you can have someone cash-in-store

or $44.99 on $1,500 bank-to-bank.

Does anyone have different fees when they try these transactions?

If enough people try cash-in-store on the desktop app someone is bound to get a new promo code when the site tries to encourage an online transaction.

For people that have someone that can send them money from a WU US branch office, to be picked up at a store here, the fee now shows $8 per $1,000 transfer. At the current exchange rate of 282.35, the effective rate would be around 281,08.
sounds good but i'm in the interior. the wu's here probably have 5 dollars between all of them ... the in person pickup sounds like a nightmare to deal with.

Seem like the best deal at the moment.

$8 Fee on $1,000 if you can have someone cash-in-store

or $44.99 on $1,500 bank-to-bank.

Does anyone have different fees when they try these transactions?

If enough people try cash-in-store on the desktop app someone is bound to get a new promo code when the site tries to encourage an online transaction.
I tried to get a code using your trick this morning with no luck...

sounds good but i'm in the interior. the wu's here probably have 5 dollars between all of them ... the in person pickup sounds like a nightmare to deal with.

I tried to get a code using your trick this morning with no luck...

You can send cash in-store to an Argentine bank account for the same $8.

This is active now on the site so hopefully they make an update soon

WU.jpg

Back