Western Union money transfer

Just did a transfer from my US bank account for cash . no fee.
Just tried both a bank to bank transfer (from my US bank) to here and a cash pick up! Fees applied on both so I cancelled. Lucky I have dollars but like getting them out of my US account as they earn nothing there. The WU gods love you!

Has anyone been having this issue or have any insight?

I perform a transaction via WU, after X amount of time it says it's been completed, but then it takes an egregious amount of time for it to be deposited into my bank account.

The email I receive from WU saying, "money should be deposited by x day" is usually on the nose but as of late the deposits are taking 1 week+ to appear in my account after WU's part is said and done. I assume it's something on the bank's end?

at the risk of being redundant ....... once you involve Argentine banks in your chain of events, you have created the weak link .

As soon as you incorporate an Argentine bank in your financial chain, you have created the weak link.
at the risk of being redundant ....... once you involve Argentine banks in your chain of events, you have created the weak link .
You keep feeding paranoia. People should decide themselves what is safer: to carry a few hundred thousand pesos around, or to get them into your bank account right away. Most big purchases are done online anyway, so they are registered.

I am not saying you should keep all your life savings in an Argentinean bank, but keeping the amount of your monthly expenses between transfers seems to be reasonable. Again, it is not perfectly safe (and nothing is), but you are comparing probabilities of being robbed on the street vs bank going bankrupt within this month.

I find the bank here works great. Transfers are easier than in the states, I pay everything with transfers and only need cash for the small stuff. Obviously have to keep ear to the ground for an account lock-down or dollar drop but with how cheap everything is to live its not that much money that needs to be in the account every month. I'm really grateful, in the states just breathing costs 10x more. Not sure why people are so worried about money being registered, as long as you're not earning it here Argentina shouldn't care, and as long as it's less than 10,000 USD in the bank at any given time the IRS shouldn't care. Maybe there's something i don't know, tho?
Still haven't gotten a code from WU. i check every day! I've been using MG with no fees.

If my friend sends 5k USD for pickup at Cordoba WU, do they need to worry about them having that on hand?

Has anyone been having this issue or have any insight?

I perform a transaction via WU, after X amount of time it says it's been completed, but then it takes an egregious amount of time for it to be deposited into my bank account.

The email I receive from WU saying, "money should be deposited by x day" is usually on the nose but as of late the deposits are taking 1 week+ to appear in my account after WU's part is said and done. I assume it's something on the bank's end?
Maybe they’re pocketing the float! Let dollar market price rise a little — especially when it’s obvious — and then pay you out the previous lower numerical amount.

Back