Western Union money transfer

I called WU's customer service last night, around midnight BA time, to inquire why I had not gotten any promo codes recently. The operator told me none were available presently for Argentina, but she gave me a one-time code with 50% off their fee. Thus, try calling them if you need a discounted fee.

I called WU's customer service last night, around midnight BA time, to inquire why I had not gotten any promo codes recently. The operator told me none were available presently for Argentina, but she gave me a one-time code with 50% off their fee. Thus, try calling them if you need a discounted fee.
THAT worked! just call and MAKE SURE you ask for the "PROMO" code..and not POINTS which they will first offer you. thanks @rickulivi

I keep trying to transfer to my galicia bank account - just opened. I get this:

There's a problem with this bank account information. Please check and re-enter it.

Any ideas?

There's a problem with this bank account information. Please check and re-enter it.

Any ideas?
I vaguely remember having the same problem. I think this means you are only entering the second part of the bank account. The actual account number is pretty long. The number is called a CBU. It is about 22 digits.

Did not work for me 😔

Any ideas?
I've made sure to enter the CBU - still getting this error. Support was unhelpful.

I've made sure to enter the CBU - still getting this error. Support was unhelpful.
you may need a CUIL or CUIT too.. try again tomorrow, WU is notorious for technical bugs .. just yesterday it was not allowing transfers for a few hours. I can tell you that today i managed to send to a Galicia account. So double check all your data entries.

you may need a CUIL or CUIT too.. try again tomorrow, WU is notorious for technical bugs .. just yesterday it was not allowing transfers for a few hours. I can tell you that today i managed to send to a Galicia account. So double check all your data entries.
Still not working. I was ecstatic to finally have a debit card too!

Is there a hold on the account? Do I need to activate my CUIL? (first time using it) Something seems to not be working.

Last edited:
Back