Western Union money transfer

My recommendation is to get a free Wise account if you're American and create a CAD account with them, this will give you Canadian banking details from which you can use Western Union Canada which caps the online fee at $1.99 CAD
This is a great recommendation - I hadn't thought about pairing Wise with WU like this.
A couple questions though: does the $1.99 CAD fee apply only to bank to bank transfers or can I do a bank to cash pickup for the same fee? And if doing cash pickup from a bank account, how long until it says it's available for pickup?
(Also, sorry for asking questions that should be easy to check for myself. When I go to the WU Canada site, it's offering me a free transfer and refuses to show me any of the fees.)

This is a great recommendation - I hadn't thought about pairing Wise with WU like this.
A couple questions though: does the $1.99 CAD fee apply only to bank to bank transfers or can I do a bank to cash pickup for the same fee? And if doing cash pickup from a bank account, how long until it says it's available for pickup?
(Also, sorry for asking questions that should be easy to check for myself. When I go to the WU Canada site, it's offering me a free transfer and refuses to show me any of the fees.)
You can but there's a delay of 7 to 10 business days, and it's higher for cash pickup, most I ever paid was like 12 CAD on 1K CAD pickup.

Also general FYI for everyone: Subsidy recipients will now be prohibited from accessing the MEP, CCL, and CEDEARs according to a new DNU being implemented by the Comisión Nacional de Valores.

Expect to see some impact accordingly once it's officially implemented in the coming hours/next week.

The first foot dropped..!

The First foot dropped ...?

Line up at 8.30 on Cordoba and Motevideo. Try the Pago Facil branch on Parana near Cordoba, sometimes fewer folks . Or go to the Pago Facil nearest to you and develop a relationship ....!
This is good advice, even with small locations and unofficial offices, if they know you they will tell you when good times are to come for cash. Sometimes a crappy resource becomes great when you know what their cash flow schedules are like. I have my hidden gems near me that I do this with.

Hi. I use Wise. Problem is you get the money converted to the official dollar rate in Argentina.
Geez. At that rate, you’re better off buying USDT crypto on Binance.us etc and sending it to any of the myriad Cuevas that take it.

My recommendation is to get a free Wise account if you're American and create a CAD account with them, this will give you Canadian banking details from which you can use Western Union Canada which caps the online fee at $1.99 CAD
Would you mind walking us through the steps in a bit more detail to this? I created a Wise account but not sure how to create the CAD and then use WU with it...

Im trying to set this up to link my CA wise account to western union, but WU is making me choose a bank, and Wise is not one of the banks that I can select. Do you know how to get around this? Do I need to order a Wise ATM card and use that info?

Im trying to set this up to link my CA wise account to western union, but WU is making me choose a bank, and Wise is not one of the banks that I can select. Do you know how to get around this? Do I need to order a Wise ATM card and use that info?
I checked with Wise support and they told me that my account was with People's Trust (I dont know if all wise accounts are with this bank), however that's not one of the options when I try to link a bank account with western union, in which case Wise told me that I could not directly link my CA dollar account to western union :(

That being said, I ordered a Wise debit card to see if that works. Will let you know once i receive it if I am able to use it with western union.

I've been using a French WU for the past few months (I moved to France recently) and keep using my Arg. cards to leverage the "dólar tarjeta"; so far, I have been paying 1,90€ per transfer, this month I tried sending 1000€, and still the fee was 1,90€

Maybe it's worth the shot for the Americans to have a € (EUR) Wise account and send it to Argentina from this EU WU account.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 18.57.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 18.57.26.png
    342.5 KB · Views: 11
Back