Western Union money transfer

I think you're taking a risk depending on a large pickup from WU, maybe arrange a smaller one to last you a few days while you check out where you could get a larger amount. My experiences looking for places for cash pickup in Palermo were not great.

Best chance is Montevideo y Córdoba. Else do 3 transfers for $500 each. You may go upfront of the line and find out if they have $450K pesos. Sometimes they ask you to wait at the end of the area.
Take a back pack for the 450 x 1000 bills if available..!

Best chance is Montevideo y Córdoba. Else do 3 transfers for $500 each. You may go upfront of the line and find out if they have $450K pesos. Sometimes they ask you to wait at the end of the area.
Don't forget about the WU a block away on Paranà. They have plenty of plata with fewer customers.

And don't wear the back pack on your back. I've had my back pack opened three times over the years, walking in calles Florida, Corrientes and Córdoba, and if I'd had something important in the back pack, it would have been gone. The last time it happened to me was about six months ago after just coming out of a cueva in Florida. Suddenly you just feel that something's not right back there, and by then it's usually too late.

And don't wear the back pack on your back. I've had my back pack opened three times over the years, walking in calles Florida, Corrientes and Córdoba, and if I'd had something important in the back pack, it would have been gone. The last time it happened to me was about six months ago after just coming out of a cueva in Florida. Suddenly you just feel that something's not right back there, and by then it's usually too late.

For safety, I suggest using a Coto shopping bag, place the bills on the bottom and groceries on top...!

I used that location only once , got all 100 peso bills...! you should hear what the landlord said..!
Ha Ha! Bad luck for you and the landlord!! 500 peso bills was the worst that I got there. Seems 1,000p notes are harder and harder to get a hold of.

Thanks all - are cuevas open on Saturdays? 😬

We arrive BA late on Friday night, stay 2 nights, and then Sunday very early fly up to Iguazu, and get back to BA on Tuesday night; I'm planning on paying hotels in cash for those first 4 nights, so I need to get a stack of cash on Saturday!

Thanks all - are cuevas open on Saturdays? 😬

We arrive BA late on Friday night, stay 2 nights, and then Sunday very early fly up to Iguazu, and get back to BA on Tuesday night; I'm planning on paying hotels in cash for those first 4 nights, so I need to get a stack of cash on Saturday!
Generally no, but on calle Florida probably. In any case just use WU or MoneyGram.

With Moneygram, are there specific locations or can you pick up Moneygram transfers from WU?

Back