Western Union money transfer

Using foreign credit or debit card in Argentina should give an exchange rate similar to USD MEP. But I haven't heard any positive feedback until now, only complains that is still official exchange rate, see for example https://chequeado.com/el-explicador/que-es-el-dolar-para-turistas-extranjeros/. Anybody with positive experience here?
There's another thread about this, but I haven't heard of any success stories yet.

I regularly set up and execute a US bank account to Argentine bank account transfer from BA on WU's website.

When I've tried, also using WU's website from BA, to set up a US pay in store to BA bank account transfer, I've never been able to get very far in the process.

I am currently in the States and tried on WU's website to set up the US pay in store to BA bank account transfer. This time I got further long in the process, but at one point was told there was a problem with my BA bank account. That's the one I always use in these transfers and that info is stored under my log in.

Any help?
I routinely transfer with WU from US bank to HSBC Arg bank account. All done online through WU US based website. Have had many transfer times, bank to bank, within 2 or 3 days. A week ago made a Resend method on the site for a larger than usual amount. Not huge. Took them days to bill th US account and still waiting the transfer to show arrived to Arg bank. Contacted WU Chat - loads of sorry and excuses - but no action and no actual basis in the change up. So I know this doesn't help per se, except to say they've got some internal issues and we're the ones suffering. Since you're in USA you might go in face to face at their office and demand their 'issue' gets resolved while you glare at their sorry asses.

I routinely transfer with WU from US bank to HSBC Arg bank account. All done online through WU US based website. Have had many transfer times, bank to bank, within 2 or 3 days. A week ago made a Resend method on the site for a larger than usual amount. Not huge. Took them days to bill th US account and still waiting the transfer to show arrived to Arg bank. Contacted WU Chat - loads of sorry and excuses - but no action and no actual basis in the change up. So I know this doesn't help per se, except to say they've got some internal issues and we're the ones suffering. Since you're in USA you might go in face to face at their office and demand their 'issue' gets resolved while you glare at their sorry asses.
WU cash pick up still flawlessly efficient for me. Immediate availability at any WU location in Argentina from my US bank. Occasionally transfers from US bank to Argentina bank take 2 days but generally one day. No real issues with their service.

When I used to transfer bank to bank, every once in a while I would have a transfer that would take 8 days. I started using my debit card for the transfer and never had a problem after that.

WU cash pick up still flawlessly efficient for me. Immediate availability at any WU location in Argentina from my US bank. Occasionally transfers from US bank to Argentina bank take 2 days but generally one day. No real issues with their service.
This delay problem with WU is new. Previously having the same experience. What was the date of your last bank to bank transfer?

Back