Western Union money transfer

Has anyone paid with Google pay instead of bank or card? My country just got it added and it says it pays within minutes vs 0 - 4 days.

How is it possible they're taking so long to update the rate? I've been waiting for over a week.

Last edited:
I'm sure the right answer must be somewhere here, but been to a couple of WU agents here in Palermo and they're a pain the rear when it comes to having actual cash, any reliable WU office in this area where cash actually exist? And to be clear I'm not looking to cash 100000000 pesos and complaining just because, but sometimes even 100 k means trouble around here.
Cordoba y Montevideo
Peru y Roca
Though why you would want some much at one time is beyond me. By the time you spend it, it will be worth less.

Cordoba y Montevideo
Peru y Roca
Though why you would want some much at one time is beyond me. By the time you spend it, it will be worth less.
Some landlords prefer cash…and when you don’t have a proper bank account it’s a royal pain in the ass getting some cash here.

You might be best accept the rate and do your transfer today as the CCL has taken a big dive down today on Massas announcement of buying back 1 billion USD worth of government bonds. https://buenosairesherald.com/econo...tina-to-buy-back-us1-billion-of-external-debt It was 340 to the USD and is still very volatile.
Western Union is $348,30 as of 18:45 hs.

I make WU transfers on the 1st of each month regardless of the rate and pay my credit card in full as soon as the funds are credited to my acount in order to avoid paying any interest charges.

Then I charge as much as possibe using my Santander Rio Visa card during the first week of the month, anticipating prices increases of ten to thirty percent by the end of the month.

The exchange rate is never my primary concern.

Using the bank's money for free is easy and fun, especially in a coutry where the interst rate on credit card purchases is 300% per anum. 🤠

Western Union is $348,30 as of 18:45 hs.

I make WU transfers on the 1st of each month regardless of the rate and pay my credit card in full as soon as the funds are credited to my acount in order to avoid paying any interest charges.

Then I charge as much as possibe using my Santander Rio Visa card during the first week of the month, anticipating prices increases of ten to thirty percent by the end of the month.

The exchange rate is never my primary concern.

Using the bank's money for free is easy and fun, especially in a coutry where the interst rate on credit card purchases is 300% per anum. 🤠
That's what I have been doing too. Using the bank money this way is a good advantage. My only problem is my 4 credit cards combined are just above 150 000 ARS.

Some landlords prefer cash…and when you don’t have a proper bank account it’s a royal pain in the ass getting some cash here.
Just out of curiosity, what does having a proper bank account here get you for receiving money from the exterior?

We have bank accounts that are as proper as I know of, but we still struggle to find a way, every month (for 17 years!), to get the money in as cheaply and efficiently as possible. But if I could just somehow wire money into our bank account, I'd forgo some of the cost aspect.

Only way I've found to get money here legally from the outside, without using an ATM or WU (etc), is to own a business that can issue invoices and get paid from the outside through the central bank process. But that is not timely at the best.

Always looking for ways to do things I didn't realize were possible!

Back