Western Union money transfer

WU cracks 1K for the first time I'm aware of:

$1,004.77 ARS per dollar
I thought the WU rate was based (largely) on the CCL, as has been reported on this forum previously. Yet the CCL has dropped significantly, while the WU rate has gone up (more mirroring the dolar blue). As I write, the CCL is 901.20. Will be interesting to see what the WU rate does today. Perhaps the WU rate is not based on the CCL after all? Any insights?

I thought the WU rate was based (largely) on the CCL, as has been reported on this forum previously. Yet the CCL has dropped significantly, while the WU rate has gone up (more mirroring the dolar blue). As I write, the CCL is 901.20. Will be interesting to see what the WU rate does today. Perhaps the WU rate is not based on the CCL after all? Any insights?
My money is on it falls to close to 900 in 40 mins, they tend to update around 3PM

The market may experience a pullback following the significant increase last week.
However, I would exercise caution when considering the overall economic debt situation.
And the market sentiment favors the U.S. dollar.
Exchanging pesos for what I need each week helps spread the risk.
Even though there are transaction fees.
I really want a promo code.

Last edited:
Interesting. Down, but still well above the close of the CCL today at 887.88.
The announcement that all exports now receive 30% of their value using the CCL will bring more dollars into the CCL market. Instead of 100% at the official rate. So those two MEP/CCL rates will calm. Blue will see similar.

It has often said here that WU is always just a bit delayed to the real markets, so perhaps that is what is seen?

Back