Western Union money transfer

Are WU still accepting incoming transfers and paying out in Pesos?
Asking because at least one cueva announced it’s not exchanging money, and I see the Blue rate drifting down, much like it did before the first round of elections.

On a side note, I had a few good transactions with WU where I got my money same day or the next day (US bank account to arg bank account transfer) and my last two transfers have taken an entire week to arrive :( Anyone else experiencing this lately?

I created a Mercado Libre account and somehow it works with my U.S. Visa card. Whenever I make a purchase it prompts me for my DNI and I use my U.S. passport number minus one digit. When I go to my Mercado Libre profile, in "mis datos," I have entered my name under "Nombre eligido" only, otherwise the name, documento and telephone sections are blank. Mercado Libre prompts me to "validate" my data, which I always decline to do. I think I tried my Mastercard first and had issues. But now my Visa card is saved and when I try to make a purchase I only have to enter my fake DNI and my three-digit Visa security code. Can't tell you exactly what I did to make it work, but I played around with it long enough that I somehow got around their checks. Ran into the same problem with Mercado Libre in Colombia and just played with various settings until it went through. Sort of silly that you have to go through such an arduous process just to order a bottle of body wash or whatnot.

Interesting!

What are cambios trading at?
Got 940 Friday Morning before the drop.

We have been buying a few lamp fixtures Thursday and Friday and got 1000 from the vendors accepting US$. The caveat to that was shopping used furniture/antiques you’re already negotiating prices.

On a side note, I had a few good transactions with WU where I got my money same day or the next day (US bank account to arg bank account transfer) and my last two transfers have taken an entire week to arrive :( Anyone else experiencing this lately?
Yes same, transferred on Tuesday 14th - they say it will be in my bank account the 28th- that is a solid 2 weeks.Bonkers

Back