Western Union money transfer

Hold on a bit more.. by monday we will reach 1.100.
CCL is showing true signs of the inflation now and closed on 1090.
WU follows always with a day or two delay.. so yeah 1020 is great but by saturday it will be around 1080

Hold on a bit more.. by monday we will reach 1.100.
CCL is showing true signs of the inflation now and closed on 1090.
WU follows always with a day or two delay.. so yeah 1020 is great but by saturday it will be around 1080
While the retail prices of many items will increase by a far greater percentage....

Now I can't get the expression "penny wíse and pound foolish" out of my mind.

Nonetheless, as much as I dislike that expression, at least I don't have to actually hear it being said with an "English" accent, which, more often than not, makes me cringe (usually in youtube videos as opposed to Britsh films).

Last edited:
Check some other email addresses that you may have used.
I just received and email from WU on an account I have not
used in months and they miss me...awwww...come back and
your next transfer is free.

While the retail prices of many items will increase by a far greater percentage....
i am not going to comment on all the inflation..

first the prices increased because the blue dollar was increasing..
now it was stable and they double the price cause the official peso is declining..

I am not going to say they are rats.. but if you look in the hypermercado's or the big supermarkets..
the prices makes no sense nevermind the people inside.

Nonetheless, as much as I dislike that expression, at least I don't have to actually hear it being said with an "English" accent, which, more often than not, makes me cringe (usually in youtube videos as opposed to Britsh films).
We commonly use that expression in Canada. Without a UK accent and despite using dollars and cents as our coinage.

"While the retail prices of many items will increase by a far greater percentage".... seriously...how can you be so sure of that?

"While the retail prices of many items will increase by a far greater percentage".... seriously...how can you be so sure of that?
Observation and experience...waiting for WU rates to increase by a few percent while retail prices increased by a greater percentage, especially since Cyber Monday/week in October of 2023.

I'm also "sure" that a few selleŕs (perhaps verý few) mayactually discount their (recently raised) prices to generate revenue in response to plumenting sales, but I haven't seen much of that as of yet.

Last edited:
Back