Western Union money transfer

Does anyone know what time Western Union will update the CCL exchange rate today? It is still at $1,060 from last week while on Friday CCL closed at $1,140
Who's buried in Grant's tomb? 😁
That is a classic trick question, but there is actually a correct/precise answer to it.

My answer to heaven gate's question is also a question: How long is a piece of string?

WU has been known to update early in the morning as well as around noon, and any time between three and six pm...most often around six pm.

Although Western Union has no power to "update the CCL rate, it has the power to update its own exchange rate to be closet to the CCL rate after the latter has changed.

Last edited:
WU generally follows the CCL, but doesn't use it exactly as there is no static CCL - X%. That being said, they seem to be using the following logic: reductions in the CCL dollar, update at 15:00 and 17:00 ART, appreciations, update once a day, increasingly after 17:00 when the markets close, and some times days later.

It used to be at 15:00 like clock work, but all last week I was waiting until after 17:00 to see an update, and often it was dozens of pesos below what the market closed at.

WU generally follows the CCL, but doesn't use it exactly as there is no static CCL - X%. That being said, they seem to be using the following logic: reductions in the CCL dollar, update at 15:00 and 17:00 ART, appreciations, update once a day, increasingly after 17:00 when the markets close, and some times days later.

It used to be at 15:00 like clock work, but all last week I was waiting until after 17:00 to see an update, and often it was dozens of pesos below what the market closed at.
Thank you so much for providing a prompt and precise answer. Appreciated

Back