Western Union Not Close to Blue

So CCL appears to be a new exchange rate based on trading US dollar denominated bonds to get around the US$200 per month purchase limit.
You are not getting around US$200 quota. You are limited to buying up to 200 USD at the official rate. You cannot purchase more dollars at this rate. If you need more dollars, you can buy some securities in Argentina using pesos, transfer them to a U.S. broker, and then sell them there for dollars. The exchange rate you effectively get through this process is CCL (Contado con Liquidación) rate.

Damn, very confusing.

I found this site which has a bunch of them. I only knew about blue, official and MEP before..

Yup, that's the site I use myself.

Yup, that's the site I use myself.
Not sure about Apple, but Ámbito has a Google app which is great for checking rates on the fly. My favorite app is "Dolar Blue Hoy" - it shows all the different rates and has an easy calculator to use while shopping.

Screenshot_20231114-160858.png

The only probably I run into is that the Visa rate doesn't match or come close to any of the rates in the app. For example, just checked the current Visa rate and it's 809, but all of the rates in the "Dolar Blue Hoy" app are off by at least 70 pesos in either direction. The Ámbito app has a rate that says "tarjeta," which I would assume is supposed to be the credit card rate, but Ámbito currently says the tarjeta rate is 735, which also doesn't match or come close to Visa's current rate of 809. I wish Visa had a downloadable app which shows their exchange rates in real time, would make it a lost easier to do conversions while shopping.

Using the visa Xchange converter above get the official rate..? Am I missing something ?

100 USD = 35702.550000 ARS

It's sort of silly and confusing, but for some reason Visa shows the official rate if you enter USD to ARS. You should see the current "blue" rate if you reverse the currencies (ARS to USD):

Screenshot 2023-11-14 162011.png

FX: 1.00 USD = 890.2500 ARS
Fee: 32.99 USD

Western Union has had a jump from 852.00 to this 890.25
Blue sitting at 900
I spoke with one of the people at an Exchange store and they
really do not know what is going to happen. On the first round
they actually closed on the prior Friday for Blue was all over the
place. They are closed Monday for the Holiday.
Buckle up, the roller coaster ride continues.
You must be this HIGH to take this ride.

Back