Western Union Not Close to Blue

oddDistribution

Registered
From what I've read online WU is very close to the blue rate and that's what expats typically use. When I tried to transfer $1,000 the rate it showed was in the 700s. Isn't the blue rate in the 900s? Also, I think the MEP rate for credit cards is like 700s as well according to what I saw online. Is it maybe a temporary thing due to the volatility?

From what I've read online WU is very close to the blue rate and that's what expats typically use. When I tried to transfer $1,000 the rate it showed was in the 700s. Isn't the blue rate in the 900s? Also, I think the MEP rate for credit cards is like 700s as well according to what I saw online. Is it maybe a temporary thing due to the volatility?

Thanks for your reply. What is CCL?

Contado Con Liqui
The usual Google Translate deal, banner is in Castellano and story will initially appear in that tongue, but wait a few seconds and it will change to English.

Contado Con Liqui
The usual Google Translate deal, banner is in Castellano and story will initially appear in that tongue, but wait a few seconds and it will change to English.
So CCL appears to be a new exchange rate based on trading US dollar denominated bonds to get around the US$200 per month purchase limit.

Not exactly "new", but yes, that's the gist of it.

Last time we (my cat and I) checked, there were a dozen or more different exchange rates
Damn, very confusing.

I found this site which has a bunch of them. I only knew about blue, official and MEP before..

Back