Western Union To Uruguay

nikad

Registered
I was wondering, has anybody tried sending usd through Western Union to pick up at an agent in Uruguay? Would they give dollars or Uruguay pesos? I see the fee is very low - 5 usd - and they seem to have more agents than Xoom. It is still a cheaper option than a cueva...

I'm curios too. I guess no one has ever thought of sending themselves money to Uruguay.

I'm curios too. I guess no one has ever thought of sending themselves money to Uruguay.
I see it is cheaper than Xoom, I have used WU within Argentina but never to Uruguay. They seem to have more locations available too.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you tried doing the transfer using Western Union? Any trouble receiving the payment in USD?

Thanks!

It can definitely be done, and you can pick up in USD if the agent is advised in advance (so they have the cash on hand).

I sent 800 USD to myself through Western Union when I went to the beach in December, 5 USD fee.

I sent the money while embarking in the Buquebus terminal in BA then picked it up with just my passport a few hours later in Tres Cruces. Very quick, little queue, took 5 mins. At the desk in Tres Cruces I requested to receive half in UR$ and half in USD.

Hi! Any special recommendations? I am about to send myself money from the States using Western Union and picking it up ( in dollars) in Uruguay. Any special location to send it? Agency? They say it costs 5 dollars to send 2000 dollars from a bank account,Is there any hidden costs that u know when picking the money up? Thanks!

I used Ria. I sent to a friend at 1030pm. He picked up at 915 the next morning a block from his hotel. USD5. I did USD2500. Could have done up to USD2999. This was two weeks ago.

Back