What A Moto Robbery Looks Like

You don t need to go so far, at provincia de Buenos Aires he procedure is different, any crime with a gun means automatic jail. Somehow capital federal is safer...

You think Capital is safer because they let criminals be in liberty until trial? ;)

Provincia is different from Capital in a lot of ways other than just procedures/laws. You can't say that if provincia had similar procedures to Capital that there would be less crime here.

I'm not completely against the accused being out on bail/probation until trial (individual rights, innocent until proven guilty, and all that), but to insinuate that this is safer to the populace than the alternative seems silly, but I'd be curious about the theory.

You also make it a point not to judge the perpetrator but have no issues judging the victim and calling him an idiot. :D

You should move to country where the sharia is enforce and there people just cut his hand right there or they Stone him to death.
Does your brain operate in 1's and 0's?? You do realize there are numerous countries who will hold a person until trial if they believe he/she is a danger to society. Not all countries except Argentina operate under Sharia law and the majority have less crime than Argentina. In this case you have a guy who has been filmed in HD during an attempted armed robbery - I would say he is a danger to society. Agree to disagree :)

You should move to country where the sharia is enforce and there people just cut his hand right there or they Stone him to death.

This is facetious. You've already pointed out that if his potential sentence was eight years or more he'd be in jail. Plenty of countries hold violent criminals on remand in the interests of public safety. This is what most people here would expect to happen given the details of this case.

Based on what you've written, the only thing saving him from jail appears to be the fact that his attempt at armed robbery failed. But since he failed, and Capital evidently doesn't take gun crime quite as seriously as the provincia, this goon is free to harrass his victim on national TV and presumably continue to threaten people with a firearm until he either succeeds in robbing them or kills them, and his potential sentence crosses that magic 8 year mark and he is deemed dangerous enough to keep off the streets.

Something like that?

You think Capital is safer because they let criminals be in liberty until trial? ;)

Provincia is different from Capital in a lot of ways other than just procedures/laws. You can't say that if provincia had similar procedures to Capital that there would be less crime here.

I'm not completely against the accused being out on bail/probation until trial (individual rights, innocent until proven guilty, and all that), but to insinuate that this is safer to the populace than the alternative seems silly, but I'd be curious about the theory.

You also make it a point not to judge the perpetrator but have no issues judging the victim and calling him an idiot. :D

I assert that freedom during process doesn't make Capital Federal more dangerous.

The jail is the crime university, to be under process in freedom is a good incentive to behave.

There is an institute called probation where you have to follow some rules, community work and to do not crime of course, for the whole time your should be in jail, if you acchieve, they érase your récords. It is a second chance. This is a Christian society.

However, if he crimes again, the 2 sentences are in jail.

About the idiot, he is not a héroe, he is an idiot. And i insist because i cannot believe he was so idiot!

Remember boys and girls, in the eye of the vast majority of Argies including some with higher education,we all are yankees de mierda, vultures. idiots and such,
I only feel bad for the Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis,Brits thrown all in the same bag with us ,apparently we are all the same as soon as they get agitated

I assert that freedom during process doesn't make Capital Federal more dangerous.

The jail is the crime university, to be under process in freedom is a good incentive to behave.

There is an institute called probation where you have to follow some rules, community work and to do not crime of course, for the whole time your should be in jail, if you acchieve, they érase your récords. It is a second chance. This is a Christian society.

However, if he crimes again, the 2 sentences are in jail.

About the idiot, he is not a héroe, he is an idiot. And i insist because i cannot believe he was so idiot!

Your incoherence is approaching Matías levels...

Remember boys and girls, in the eye of the vast majority of Argies including some with higher education,we all are yankees de mierda, vultures. idiots and such,
I only feel bad for the Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis,Brits thrown all in the same bag with us ,apparently we are all the same as soon as they get agitated
I think the perpetrator should have asked for the mochila on live TV to get "justice" !

Also, that the victim put his own life in danger, and therefore you view him as an idiot is completely irrelevant to the discussion of how should the robber be dealt with now.

According to the Argentine law the robber can have a gun to protect himself (an ex prisoner authorized by the experts). The robber remains free, allowed to keep a gun until the law suit ends (he is not guilty yet), etc.

The Canadian tourist can return Argentina whenever he wants and he can go for a bike ride around La Boca. Of course, the Canadian guy cannot carry a gun to protect himself if he has no DNI. It is clear that the robber does not fear justice; I heard the robber saying that the justice will decide weather if he is going to be imprisoned and that he does not care about what people say about him. What I notice is that the guy knows what to say word by word, such as he did not plan this or that and that he just took advantage of an opportunity (it is obvious he had a new motorbike to steal, a gun, and a scarf to partially cover his face, robbers do not use stolen motorbikes anymore because they have better chances to get away with it if they are caught). He has been into many troubles before and he is an expert in getting away with it.

It seems to me he pretended to suffer from a twitch in order for him to not be caught at his lies (by his gestures).

If this guy does not fear to be with a gun on the street with many people looking at him. Just imagine how this person behaves when he is not watched.
The robber is not an idiot, he is a criminal and must pay for his debts to the society.

What would happen if the tourist beat the robber? There was an opportunity when he took his hand off it for a well timed punch - could have put his lights out. Is self defence permissible in Argentina?

I thought the US was the only country where criminals could get guns.

Back