What About Birth Tourism In Argentina

kiran

Registered
Dear all,

What abouth birth tourism in Argentina. Is it true that non-argentinian parents with argentia born child are eligible to apply and get citizenship without waiting two years as a permanent resident.

Thank you.

Dear all,

What abouth birth tourism in Argentina. Is it true that non-argentinian parents with argentia born child are eligible to apply and get citizenship without waiting two years as a permanent resident.

Thank you.

Yes. But they must live here during the whole process that takes about 18 months.

How do they determine whether you live here 18 months?

They send someone to the address that you gave to see in they can get you. If they can’t they assume you don’t live in the country. That’s why it is important to give them your current address and if you change let them know.
I made the mistake of giving them my parents address, a house that we rent out, instead of the one where I reside. After trying a few times gendarmería ended up stopping my husband on the street telling him that they wanted to talk to his wife. Luckily we live in a smallish place and we drive a car that stands out. But, they were going to run an advertisement on the local radio to get in touch with me. So at least here they do everything in their power to locate you.
In a bigger place the process might be different.

Is it true that non-argentinian parents with argentia born child are eligible to apply and get citizenship without waiting two years as a permanent resident.

Yes. But they must live here during the whole process that takes about 18 months.

Is this still the case today, or has anything changed?

No changes.

How do they determine whether you live here 18 months?

Wrong question.You must live here most of the time.

Has everybody go that now? Is anyone still confused?

PS: Tune in next week for another exciting episode of "Having my baby...in Argentina."

PS2: You'll love our new theme song by Paul Anchor, baby.

Last edited:
Back