What About Birth Tourism In Argentina

They send someone to the address that you gave to see in they can get you. If they can’t they assume you don’t live in the country. That’s why it is important to give them your current address and if you change let them know.
I made the mistake of giving them my parents address, a house that we rent out, instead of the one where I reside. After trying a few times gendarmería ended up stopping my husband on the street telling him that they wanted to talk to his wife. Luckily we live in a smallish place and we drive a car that stands out. But, they were going to run an advertisement on the local radio to get in touch with me. So at least here they do everything in their power to locate you.
In a bigger place the process might be different.

This is not the reason. Judges has power/jurisdiction on certain territory and this is why they concern about your address.
To check out if you live in Argentina or not they ask info to Immigration.

Has everybody go that now? Is anyone still confused?

PS: Tune in next week for another exciting episode of "Having my baby...in Argentina."

PS2: You'll love our new theme song by Paul Anchor, baby.

I read in some other thread that the person applying for citizenship needs a fixed address for the 18 months period (or howsoever long it takes to get citizenship), but may not necessarily live at that address continuously for the 18 months. I am in a sales profile and I travel extensively internationally. I can certainly fly in for 15-60 days each time for 3-4 times during the 18 month period, but cannot stay in any single place (neither in Argentina nor anywhere else in the World) for a continuous 18 months period.

I suggest you make that consultation to a lawyer because it is too specific. The kind of info you can get here is general.

So once the process starts, it’s 18 months right? Is that the same outside of Buenos Aires S inside of it? Thanks

The process takes between 7 up to 18 months as normal.
There are many different judges who work different. For the kind of very specific questions you are doing you need to schedule for a consultation with a lawyer.

Thanks for putting all these valuable comments and informations above. I am from Hong Kong and also plan to give birth to a baby and stay for obtaining Argentina citizenship.

1. Seems it is clear that the baby borne will get citizenship right away, and the parents and sibling of the baby (since we alreay have 1 kid) can apply for citizenship after staying for 7-18 months in Argentina. However, we probably still need to apply for permanent residency for us to stay for that 7-18 months right? Since our Hong Kong passport only allow us to stay within Argentina visa free for 90 days.

2. On the other hand, it sounds not possible for us to live in a campervan because the government need an address to "FIND" us right? Because for receiveing letters and bills, that would be easy to handle since we have friends in BA.

Many thanks for further responses in advance! :)

Thanks for putting all these valuable comments and informations above. I am from Hong Kong and also plan to give birth to a baby and stay for obtaining Argentina citizenship.

1. Seems it is clear that the baby borne will get citizenship right away, and the parents and sibling of the baby (since we alreay have 1 kid) can apply for citizenship after staying for 7-18 months in Argentina. However, we probably still need to apply for permanent residency for us to stay for that 7-18 months right? Since our Hong Kong passport only allow us to stay within Argentina visa free for 90 days.

2. On the other hand, it sounds not possible for us to live in a campervan because the government need an address to "FIND" us right? Because for receiveing letters and bills, that would be easy to handle since we have friends in BA.

Many thanks for further responses in advance! :)
You can apply or not to permanent residency. That is up to you.
Having a baby entitle you to citizenship right away.
Are you in Argentina?

needs a fixed address for the 18 months period (or howsoever long it takes to get citizenship),

To me this sounds like if you can manage being irregular/not get deported, stay without a BNI and bank account for 18 months, you pass some kind of initiation.
But it can't be, right? Why would rules be written to encourage people to be irregular/overstay?

To me this sounds like if you can manage being irregular/not get deported, stay without a BNI and bank account for 18 months, you pass some kind of initiation.
But it can't be, right? Why would rules be written to encourage people to be irregular/overstay?
The law of citizenship is the straight regulation of the constitution that is based on ius soli (to live here) while immigration law is based on ius sanguinis (race) alike german law and for this reason is unconstitutional because it is a racial proficiency certificate.

Last edited:
Back