What are my visa options?

Validitorian

Registered
I recently contacted ARCA, and they aren't being very helpful. They insist that I must be making $1,000/month from investments or my own business before I can go there. That's with the Financier Visa.

I don't own my own business, though. I'm only 23, and I'm not planning on retiring (at least not in the normal sense) anytime soon. So the Retired Visa is out.

And I have a job that I plan to keep in the USA, and I will just be working from BA, so the Work Permit Visa is moot.

What are my options? (fyi, I don't have 40,000 to invest in BA)

If it helps, I will be going with my wife (who may get a job there) and our son, who is 4 years old.

To clarify, I would like a residency visa, not just a tourist visa.

According to what you say, you do not seem to fit in any eligible visa category.

nikad said:
According to what you say, you do not seem to fit in any eligible visa category.

Alright, well can you give me any tips on what sort of investments people usually have that bring in $1000/month?

The first one that comes to my mind is the rental of a property they own in the US (?)

Contact this man who is so very well versed in this topic you will be astounded. He is honest and well versed in this subject. In fact I have used him time and again. He has done well for many Americans.

Gabriel Celano --- 634 Belgrano 2nd floor A y B --Buenos Aires
5411 4342 9433 or cell 15-440-9278

tell him someone on BAexpats referred him
He will help you if anyone can
regards
jedard

Validitorian said:
I recently contacted ARCA, and they aren't being very helpful. They insist that I must be making $1,000/month from investments or my own business before I can go there. That's with the Financier Visa.

I don't own my own business, though. I'm only 23, and I'm not planning on retiring (at least not in the normal sense) anytime soon. So the Retired Visa is out.

And I have a job that I plan to keep in the USA, and I will just be working from BA, so the Work Permit Visa is moot.

What are my options? (fyi, I don't have 40,000 to invest in BA)

If it helps, I will be going with my wife (who may get a job there) and our son, who is 4 years old.

To clarify, I would like a residency visa, not just a tourist visa.

By paying a senior official can your application for residency be fastracked? I realise that it's not ethical but if all other options fail, it may be worthwhile.

Basicly any system that's based on paper can be defeated with paper, just give the ARCA what they want, surely acquiring a few documents can't be that hard.

If I was a bachelor, I might be tempted to do this illegally (lie) - but I can't afford to mess this up with my family in tow.

Thanks for the suggestions, though :)

Back