What Are Nice Gifts To Bring Porteño Friends?

Sorry to be a little 'too much information' but are there seriously no tampons with applicators? If so I shall be buing some value packs before I leave!

I think a lot of people here are amazed at the scented hand soaps (like with granulated vanilla in it) you can find in the USA. There is really not anything like it here. Also, some people are impressed by cheap electronic products, because even cheap electronic junk costs a fortune here. Bought my friend a cheap digital picture keychain for 10 bucks once, and he was thrilled.

Sorry to be a little 'too much information' but are there seriously no tampons with applicators? If so I shall be buing some value packs before I leave!

there aren't! I always buy a bunch of bonus packs before i leave! if not, you are stuck with OB!

It's true, my girl friend's daughter always wants them.
N

All good stuff. Thanks, everyone.

Hot women, you ask, Mc Kenna? All my friends/collaborators are "Tango Ladies", expert milongueras, and they're "hot" from the inside out (sensual, secure in their femininity, know how to make a man feel great, etc.)

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Back to gift choices, while this organic, primal-lifestyler is not going to bring her friends any sugar-, wheat-, or chemical-laden products she wouldn't use herself . . . you've given me so many great ideas, even for pre-buying Christmas gifts. I have my list now, with many cool things that won't take up much space when I pack!

I'd keep this thread running because it would be a good resource in the archives!

Thanks again![/background]

[font=Helvetica Neue'][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
I think a lot of people here are amazed at the scented hand soaps (like with granulated vanilla in it) you can find in the USA. There is really not anything like it here.

. . . . we had also talked about "good chocolate" in this thread.

So yesterday when I arrived in BA, I brought for 4 special Porteña friends 100g. each of "Black & Green" organic 85% dark chocolate, and they each got to choose from the selection of organic, beautifully hand-crafted slabs of soap, each scented with a different blend of essential oils. My friends were surprised and visibly delighted, and my total investment was under $8 per person, and 15 minutes sniffing luscious soaps.

For my closest friend, I also brought a well-designed horse-shoe shaped tongue-scraper (kind of a gag . . .pun intended . . .but a valuable health aid that she had wanted when I had told her about it, but that Farmacity doesn't carry). Plus a set of 50 gram-sized salt & pepper mills (very portable), because she always struggles with the waiters in parillas who bring her those large, impressive-looking pepper mills that hardly crank out anything. These are very efficient grinders that I always use, filled with organic black pepper and chunky, gray, Celtic sea salt - so flavorful and full of minerals. Sometimes I fill the salt mill with pink Himalayan salt. Those two gifts totaled another $16, and she'll use these things for years. [/background]
[/font]

I'm a little late to the thread but I usually bring wine as a gift for argentines.

I am coming down soon, and my friends are asking for Levis (real Levis, in plain styles) and CD's of bands that they cant find there. And Good Earth Sweet and Spicy Tea- everyone I have given it to is addicted.
http://shop.goodearth.com/Original-Teas/c/GoodEarth@OriginalTeas?gclid=CM6F9Oy00LoCFS9eQgodtWwAnQ
Also BreadFarm cookies.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/48915142/cocoa-nib-cookies
These cocoa nibs are like gold in Buenos Aires- I can trade em for their weight in BitCoins- wait- BitCoins dont weigh anything, do they?

Gift I am always told to bring is Barry's Tea from Ireland!! Girlfriend and her family can't get enough of it... also Garlic mayo! The Mayo I brought is all gone and I'm having to make it for them,.. demand exceeds production haha

Back