What are some hard to find teas and spices in bsas??

BROOKLYN

Registered
any tazo teas in B.a?? any hot mustard powder? jerk seaoning spices? chipotle ??

lack of demand, lack of competition between companies, import protection for local companies... etc etc

You can probably find hot mustard powder in Barrio Chino, chipotles I've found canned (not very often, and not in a while) at Jumbo and some bigger Discos. Jerk seasoning spices I've never seen. Garlic salt used to be available but I haven't seen it in probably three years or more.

You can easily get basic spices here like crushed red peppers, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, dill, etc.

I make my own garlic salt. I have people bring down things like Old Bay and Lawry's season salt, steak rub, etc. I've made my own combinations of those things as well in a pinch.

A few months ago, I bought a kilo tin of Colmans Mustard powder in barrio chino. I think its the kind of product that only gets imported in once or twice a year though, as I haven't seen it on shelves for ages.
I've never seen that brand of tea here (only local brands and a pitiful selection of over-priced twinnings at some higher-end shops).
Unless its basic spices (which you can probably get at china town) if there's a spice mix or a tea or a coffee or a beauty product or a brand or whatever that you absolutely cannot live without, chances are you can't get it here so bring it...

Ashley said:
I've never seen that brand of tea here (only local brands and a pitiful selection of over-priced twinnings at some higher-end shops).
Tazo Teas are sold at starbucks here (as in other countries).

Back