What are the cultural aspects that make you stay in Argentina?

One of my favorite cultural activities in Argentina is riding in buses. I have been doing it for 15 years. I love looking out the window, I love the people watching, I have been all over BA including to places like Remedio de Escalada, or Avellenada, Flores, Nunez, Boedo, VillaDevoto, Paternal, Agronomio, and many more. Been around the provincia a bit, too… Tony Tur forever!

I love the "culture" of the Argentine people, at least where I live. I have had no face to face interaction whatsoever with any other expats since May 29 2010 (at an "expat lunch" which I organized). I have not set foot in or anywhere near Capital Federal since June 24, 2010.

All of my friends and neighbors where I now live are Argentine and none of them speak more than a few words of English, so I only speak English whenI am yelling at US cops as they violate the individual rights of YouTube "First Ammemdment Auditors" who "recording in public spaces" such as city halls and post offices

Recently, the subject of where to "survive" a nucleat war came up in the forum. I searched the topic on YouTube and found this video:

I read some of the comments and was moved to tears by the sixth comment.

I found it to be an almost perfect description of the life I have created for myself over the past fourteen years (since June 25, 2010)...and why I love it so much.

Last edited:
One of my favorite cultural activities in Argentina is riding in buses. I have been doing it for 15 years. I love looking out the window, I love the people watching, I have been all over BA including to places like Remedio de Escalada, or Avellenada, Flores, Nunez, Boedo, VillaDevoto, Paternal, Agronomio, and many more. Been around the provincia a bit, too… Tony Tur forever!
We do this a lot. My other half always picks the best available window seat and watches everything going on outside. I do the same but I also pay attention to the "Historias Minimas" playing out within the bus itself.

Back