What are you biggest complaints about living in Argentina?

Did you dump her because she gave the guy her number, is that why she's now your ex?

No, she ignored him. The relationship went bad afterwards for other reasons. They exchanged numbers so she could contact him in case of technical problems, but he apparently had other things in mind. My ex was fully transparent to me about his messages to her.

Last edited:
Boy that would be long list but it would be allot longer and sadder if I wrote such a list for the USA.

Buenos Aires is great on one hand but can be very frustrating on the other. My biggest complaints:

- People are HORRIBLE drivers here. They don't respect pedestrians (even if you have a baby stroller). They weave in and out and don't stay in their lanes. Just awful.

- People don't have a thought of a long term mutual relationship. They live for today and don't really care to build up a good track record for the long-term.

- While it's gotten much better than before. Lots of people still smoke which even if you're outside it can be annoying.

- Lines, lines, lines. Sometimes you can be in line at the supermarket a while. No real efficiency. No real sense of customer service like in a first world country (especially the USA).

- Lack of great produce (fruits and veggies) in most places compared to the endless amounts of selection in the USA.

- People take forever sometimes to get back to you on quotes, etc. In the USA there is so much competition and great service that people bend over backwards to provide a quote and provide great customer service and deliverables.

- Needless to say the wicked and very high inflation. If you're earning US dollars or foreign currency it's easier but even still the inflation is wicked there.

- Having to deal with cash. In the US or many parts of Europe you never even deal with cash as everything is electronic.

- Horrible banking system (long lines at banks too).

- Horrible customer service and long wait times to get service on utilities (gas, electricity, internet, cable, etc can be a real hassle). I had the gas that had to be repaired in one of my properties and it took 7 MONTHS. (I also have many friends that also had similar waits on gas. One friend went over 1 YEAR waiting to get their gas fixed).

- Returning stuff in the stores that doesn't work can be a major pain. (The customer is definitely not always right). In the USA it's super easy to return stuff at most stores. Heck, some places you don't even need your receipt and they will give you back credit even months after you bought it.

- While it's gotten better people still let their dogs sh*t on the sidewalks and don't do a good enough job cleaning up. Even in their own neighborhoods where they live! No respect.

- Many neighborhoods still has a big problem with graffiti. A shame to see nice properties constantly spray painted in Palermo. I have several friends that have a problem with this. They just budget having to get it cleaned up every few months.

- No working judicial system. I can tell you some horror stories. NO vehicle to get things worked out legally in the event of a dispute. (At least not quickly). No small claims court. Sending a carta documento is almost worthless. Legal disputes can takes YEARS and even when it goes in front of a judge, there is severe corruption and even judges can be bought it seems.

- Nonsensical employment laws. Through various companies I'm dealt with I've employed hundreds of employees in Argentina and again I can tell you horror stories. Even when you work in white, pay all your taxes and treat your employees well they will take advantage of you and you have to deal with never-ending employee issues.

- Electronics and things like clothes are really expensive. Speaking of clothing the clothing is not great quality and crazy what they ask for. Things like jeans for a baby can be the same price as an adult.

- No Amazon Prime or equivalent. In the US I barely go to any store for anything. With Amazon Prime I can order almost anything and get it on my doorstep the next day for no shipping fees. Even things like paperclips, paper, white out, whatever. Ordering anything/everything is super easy and you can get it quickly and affordably.

- There are so many outlets to get amazing service done for just about anything in your apartment/home. All quickly and easily in the US. In Buenos Aires it can be a constant rape to get good people. And even if you find someone good and dependable and honest. Because of what I mentioned above with people living for today, many times I've found that they will eventually screw you and you have to find someone else dependable. Yadda, yadda, yadda. All over again.

- Air quality is pretty horrible there.

Enough? I could list more but those are probably the main things that come to the top of my head. Don't get me wrong. It's a wonderful place and I love Buenos Aires quite a bit and always will. Still, just some things if you're accustomed to a really efficient place like the USA where for the most part everything works extremely well and efficient with checks and balances and limited corruption.....some people just can't get accustomed to it.

Last edited:
I don´t have a ton of complaints. If you need to earn money here then your salary will be your #1 complaint. My only other big complaint has been mentioned already, but it is the lack of efficiency. Take the supermarket for instance. They have "self check out" kiosks where you scan your own goods, but then you have to bring the ticket to an actual check out counter with an employee who checks to make sure you scanned all items and then takes payment. Maybe another smaller one is the inability of people to form a proper line. I´ve been to a few outdoor events where you line up to buy food and many people don´t get in line they just walk up to the counter and try to order. Overall though if you have income from abroad, Argentina is a nice place to live.

My biggest complaint is the government of "cambiemos' particularly, Mauricio Macri is the worse have ever seen in Argentina.

Back