What do American expats miss the most about living in America?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a good milanesa. When I was a kid, we called it chicken-fried steak,
Being a native Texan, I'm afraid I have to step in here. If you said that in TX, you'd be taken to the shed.

Milanesa = dredged in egg and coated with breadcrumbs. CFS = dredged in milk (or cream, or best, buttermilk) and egg mixture and coated with flour.

Oh, and don't ever call grilled meat BBQ. Thank you.

Being a native Texan, I'm afraid I have to step in here. If you said that in TX, you'd be taken to the shed.

Milanesa = dredged in egg and coated with breadcrumbs. CFS = dredged in milk (or cream, or best, buttermilk) and egg mixture and coated with flour.

Somewhere the ghost of Sam Houston is shaking his head in utter disgust.
Texas isn't what it used to be.

I'm glad you said soemthing. I was trying all day to let this go....

But I can't help myself anymore. If you think a milanssa is the same as a CFS I feel bad for you.

Texas will be fine, as soon as they get rid of the morons currently in charge.
Texas reminds me of Argentina in the sense that it refuses to deal with actual problems (i.e. a power grid that kills people, increasing damage from climate change and hurricanes) and instead focus on non-issue cultural war bullshit to make the base happy.

How does harassing trans kids help anyone? What happened to small government? Here it's La Matanza literally being a matadero, and inflation is going to be at least 5% for March, and what do the Ks talk about? Renaming Rivadavia "Falklands Avenue" because Nac y Pop.

Texas sucks so bad that it is one of the fastest growing states in the US. The good thing is that there are 50 states and you can feel free to move whichever suits your needs the best.

Or I guess you could move to a new state that has affordable cost of living and jobs and then cry about how it's not like the one you moved from. Then do everytbing in your power to make your new state more like your old state.

Texas sucks so bad that it is one of the fastest growing states in the US. The good thing is that there are 50 states and you can feel free to move whichever suits your needs the best.

Or I guess you could move to a new state that has affordable cost of living and jobs and then cry about how it's not like the one you moved from. Then do everytbing in your power to make your new state more like your old state.
Your second paragraph is exactly what ruined California. And what's ruining Texas right now.
The idea that a clown like Beto could actually be a serious contender for Governor in The Lone Star State is a sad commentary. He's the one who said, "Hell YES we're going to take your AR-15, your AK". Hello, Texas, hello?

Back