What Do You Do Here?

i work as accountant in clarin global
¡Clarín, la tenés adentro!
Running a company with 50+ employees in Bsas and aging ever more rapidly every time as salary increase time approaches...
From one entrepreneur to another, the secret to surviving inflation here is to not get involved in any business where you can't have complete control over your prices. I have about 100 employees in my businesses here as well and where I am able to pass the cost increases on to customers, I do just fine. But when I can't pass it along, I get killed.

So, to answer the OP's question, I am here running several businesses and investing in the country (and with this government in charge, that's a club that's getting lonelier every day).

I'm not there any more, as I left a year ago but when I was (for 5 years) I did as I do now - freelance translator. Was lucky not to be living on pesos, though my partner was teaching English and being paid in pesos so I saw both sides of the coin, so to speak.

I lived here for 6 years from 1991-1997 and taught English. I now come for an extended holiday (mainly to climb in the Andes) about once a year with my Argentine wife and am happy with that.

I am accountant with a firm down here. Initially transferred for 18 months from Aust and have extended for a little while longer.

Am unemployed (retired), living with my GF in BA. Frenchie has me beat, robbing the cradle, GF is only 23 years my junior. My goal is to spend every F... dime I have before meeting my maker. Am a very lucky person. Spend my time doing as little as possible. Life is good.

this is good... i often think about this but in reality I think I'll work till the very end....

¡Clarín, la tenés adentro!

From one entrepreneur to another, the secret to surviving inflation here is to not get involved in any business where you can't have complete control over your prices. I have about 100 employees in my businesses here as well and where I am able to pass the cost increases on to customers, I do just fine. But when I can't pass it along, I get killed.

So, to answer the OP's question, I am here running several businesses and investing in the country (and with this government in charge, that's a club that's getting lonelier every day).

Well said..international customers may bring dollars and euros to the table but are looking for price decreases all the time..local customers pay late but understand the crazy economic situation and adjust prices accordingly. In the distorted words of Gloria Gaynor I will survive...god willing and CFK departing!

Back