What do you like here in BA?

citygirl said:
Maybe I'm not understanding your question. (nor is it particularly relevant to a thread about BsAs) but here goes:

Theater (for things new, go see off/off-off Broadway)
Cuisine from all over the world - and for what it's worth, some of the best food in NY isn't to be found in the most expensive restaurants
Gallery exhibits from new and up and coming artists - paintings, photography, sculpture, etc.
Museums
Architecture (take a tour of Grand Central for example)
Readings and lectures on every subject known to mankind
The parks (there are a lot more then just Central Park)
Rent a kayak and go kayaking on the Hudson

Which of the following activities are not available in major cities?

The quantity and quality of the arts, architecture, theater, outdoor activities, cuisine, etc. available in NYC is some of the top in the world. As I am sure you well know.;)

If you don't like NY - no worries. It's not everyone's cup of tea. Nor am I saying NYC is the best city in the world. Each city has its unique charms and assets. But to downplay the opportunities available for unique cultural, physical or intellectual, artistic or culinary activities in NYC is just ludicrous.

I never did that, I just asked what's original in NY, I never found it, everything that NY offers can be found in let's say Chicago, Toronto, Boston, San Francisco or LA(and yes I have been to every city) and the same can be said about every major city in Europe

Well.. then you and I have very different opinions. And I have been to each of (or lived in) all of the cities you mentioned.

But sure.. every city at a base level has food, has buildings, has a park, has a museum, etc. So by your argument - Des Moines is the same as NY is the same as London is the same as Mar del Plata is the same as Kiev is the same as Bangalore, etc.

You wrote more things and they are also in the major cities I mentioned and Des Moines is not a major city

Going back to the thread topic - here's what I like in Buenos Aires

The incredibly blue sky - in spite of those horrible bus exhausts, it is deep blue.
Home delivery of practically anything.
Sidewalk cafes
The way everything is "personal".
Ficus trees growing outdoors
The many hummingbirds
Zorzales singing at five in the morning
Jacaranda trees in bloom
Treed streets
The beat of the city - chaotic but vital

New Jersey snow sculpture gets frosty reception

_47418731_snowvenusafp466.jpg
Ms Gonzalez thinks the Venus now looks "more objectified and sexualised"

Police in the US state of New Jersey have ordered a family to cover up their snow sculpture of the famous nude Venus de Milo after a neighbour complained. Eliza Gonzalez sculpted the snow-woman with her son and daughter on her front lawn in Rahway following a snowstorm.
Many people praised their creation, but a police officer told them a neighbour had found it too risque, she said.
When given the option of covering the sculpture up or knocking it down, she dressed it in a bikini top and sarong.
"We didn't want to have any problem with the police so we covered it up," Ms Gonzalez told the AFP news agency.
But she now thinks the snowy Venus looks "more objectified and sexualised" than it did before the authorities intervened.

Napoleon said:
stepping on sidewalk tiles that DON'T squirt muddy crap water onto my other foot

Hah, this is so true- I always manage to squirt my foot in the morning. I've tried to memorize the tiles outside my house, but for some reason this still always happens.

JillinBA said:
Napoleon said:
stepping on sidewalk tiles that DON'T squirt muddy crap water onto my other foot

Hah, this is so true- I always manage to squirt my foot in the morning. I've tried to memorize the tiles outside my house, but for some reason this still always happens.

Unlike the dog which is CIA the broken flags are more devious obviously Mosad.

Back