What do you like here in BA?

ssr said:
Nothing, dude. It's a terrible place. Don't go there, you'd hate it.

I have been there but have seen nothing original, but you as a hardcore NY'er can tell me what is original instead of personal attacking me

jonnytownmouse said:
I go to the gym during the week and Chacabuco park at the weekend for a swim (weather permitting). I eat out around San Telmo, Monsserrat and San Nicolas. I did go to Palermo for Valentine's Day with the girlfriend and found it very nice, but hardly ever go there as it takes ages on the bus.

I live in Boedo and everyone here is always going on about how great it is, but I find it dull as dishwater, especially at night.

I live & work in Palermo but go to Boedo once a week. I take the 15 or the 160. But the 160 takes much less time than the 15. The 160 has a more direct route. The 15 goes all over the place.

Futboljunkie said:
I have been there but have seen nothing original, but you as a hardcore NY'er can tell me what is original instead of personal attacking me

No need to go to NY to see their original places (high buildings) just rent a movie about NY... that´s all ;)

Very easy. Appear in any BA street, and you KNOW that you are in BA in less than 10 seconds. That is called personality, and thus, it is original. Btw, the Palacio Barolo, is not an original? Or the Kavanagh, or many other things?

Walking on the street today past my local cafe, one of the waiters saw me, gave me a kiss on the cheek and asked me how my day was, how my weekend had been, what was new, etc. That feeling of neighborhood is one of the things I love about BsAs.

futboljunkie - there are tons of great things about NY - really it depends on your interest. Are you a food person? Architecture? Museums? Sports? Photography?

NY has changed a lot over the last 20 years but I believe it is still one of the best cities in the world to visit and there are a million things to do. The typical tourist trap stuff has nothing to do with real NY.

I am interested in many things, but I would like to do what's original in NY? The times I went I didn't see it, so help me

Futboljunkie said:
What's original in NY. I really like to know for my next trip

The architecture. Apple's store on Fifth Avenue is stunning.

fifthavenue_gallery_image1.jpg

Futboljunkie said:
I am interested in many things, but I would like to do what's original in NY? The times I went I didn't see it, so help me

Maybe I'm not understanding your question. (nor is it particularly relevant to a thread about BsAs) but here goes:

Theater (for things new, go see off/off-off Broadway)
Cuisine from all over the world - and for what it's worth, some of the best food in NY isn't to be found in the most expensive restaurants
Gallery exhibits from new and up and coming artists - paintings, photography, sculpture, etc.
Museums
Architecture (take a tour of Grand Central for example)
Readings and lectures on every subject known to mankind
The parks (there are a lot more then just Central Park)
Rent a kayak and go kayaking on the Hudson

Back