What Documents Are Required In Lieu Of Valid Visa???

delhihemant

Registered
I am visiting my home country (India) next week and was wondering what are the documents I need to show at immigrations so that they allow me to board flight both ways hassel-free.

Background:
I entered Argentina in September last year on a Tourist Visa (it has already expired). I started working in a company here and they did all my paperwork for getting work visa, I now have a DNI (Extranjero) and Temporaria (valid till August 2013).

My queries are:

- When I will board the Flight at EZE airport, the immigration will only see an expired tourist visa stamp on my passport. So, what documents I must show so that they allow me to go out? Will a DNI be sufficient?

- Secondly, when I will board the return flight from India, the immigration there will also not see a valid visa on my passport (to clarify, Indian citizens need to take a visa in advance to enter Argentina). So, what documents I should show them so that they allow me to take the flight. Another problem is that no-one reads Spanish there, so do I have to get the document translated?

Please give some advice. Thanks!

Well, you are mistaken on facts here. I am legally working here and has legal work permit (and DNI). So, there is no question of overstaying on my Tourist visa and I got this confirmed.

The issue is what papers they would want to see when I will travel.

you have to pay a fine before you leave as you´ve overstayed

I´m guessing you will need to show your DNI, but I would also bring the resolution (or certified photocopy) of your visa translated, just in case. You should have a copy of it, or if not get it from Migraciones.

Thanks! Even I feel the DNi should do, but I will still carry the Temporaria and the employment letter, just in case.

I´m guessing you will need to show your DNI, but I would also bring the resolution (or certified photocopy) of your visa translated, just in case. You should have a copy of it, or if not get it from Migraciones.

I faced this scenerio, and did what I suggested, went fine. However, I was leaving from the US, not India. Just make sure you get a certified photocopy and a certified translation--the more stamps the better!

For leaving Argentina, the DNI along with the valid temporaria visa stamped in your passport will be enough. For coming back, I've flown through the Bombay airport showing just my DNI and passport. All I did was point out the expiry date, which they will obviously understand. But I think it depends on who's manning the desk on that day - I'm sure you know that immigration officials can be extremely eccentric. So if you want to be on the safer side, go ahead and get a translation.

Don't forget, the tourist visa is also written all in Spanish. So the airline and immigration staff are used to seeing at least a few of those every single day!

Thanks Slopey.. this was indeed helpful ! I am going next week - will post later how things go.

Don't forget, the tourist visa is also written all in Spanish. So the airline and immigration staff are used to seeing at least a few of those every single day!

Back