What exactly is the black market?

MasChicoTenes

Registered
Hello, i have a few thousand american dollars to sell, someone on this site said the black market rate was like 5.15 but i cant find anything above 4.40 ?:confused:

Where and what exactly is the black market?

Is it those poor people on calle florida screaming "dollars euros reales cambio" ?

Is the black market safe? If u were arriving there with more than say $5k US would u need a weapon and security?

I won't be quoting you so that you can make the appropriate changes (I recommend you not to mention the amount, even if it is small indeed).

I'm sure you can sell the few dollars you have to people on this forum (but select only people who registered here since quite long ago + who have at least 100/300 messages = safer).

Do not ever think asking a guy on Florida please.

The safest way for you: Ask people from your own country who live here since +2 years = best bet for safety

It's usually a "by referral" kind of thing if you want to do it commercially. IE - you don't walk in from off the street and exchange money.

My other suggestion - and I don't know how long you have been here - you may have friends who want/need dollars for their businesses but maybe haven't declared all their income and hence can't do it through casas de cambio any longer (Maybe those en negro businesses we were talking about on the other thread for example ;). They're usually pretty motivated to change pesos into dollars and usually have a fair amount of pesos.

Where are all the expats in need of dollars to pay their rent?

MasChicoTenes said:
Hello, i have a few thousand american dollars to sell, someone on this site said the black market rate was like 5.15 but i cant find anything above 4.40 ?:confused:

It exists everywhere in the mind of the govt and nowhere on official papers. Its a secret handshake, a Mason's apron, an Austin Power's groovy dance...would love to tell you but can't as I hear the FIP guys are now reading this site..:). Stay a while, meet some locals and all will be revealed.

I could definitely use some dollars, my rental owners only accept dollars unfortunately.

MasChicoTenes said:

Is it those poor people on calle florida screaming "dollars euros reales cambio" ?

Is the black market safe? If u were arriving there with more than say $5k US would u need a weapon and security?

DM me. I'll send you my contact. Safe and secure.

The Peruvian shopping / gallery, actually Argenper, at Corientes 2400 (or is it 2500, can't remember) offers such services too. Smaller amounts though

Back