What foods would you bring from US?

syngirl said:
Really? in a container? How did that work? i would have thought it would have all gone off... or did they buy whole rounds of cheese and somehow set it up so they got decent ventilation and could continue aging on the way down?

refrigerated.jpg

MyBeautifulAir--You can buy peanut butter and refried beans here. You can always make a mean enchilada sauce yourself, too, and on this forum there is a recommendation for a mexican woman who makes/delivers tortillas (though I'm not sure if they are burrito sized, I miss those too--However! if you go to CBC during the day and speak with one of the owners they may sell their giant tortillas. Last I checked (over a year ago) they were willing to sell them at 2pesos each). Tortilla chips are also available here--just the other night I saw a big bag of white corn tortilla chips at Disco! If you learn to make your own salsa you'll be much better off, but there's also a texan here who is selling homemade salsa that's pretty dang good!

Things to send: Cheddar cheese is a great one, as it's definitely not available here, and other good cheese. I always bring in palm sugar, hot sauce (cholula, tapatío, even tabasco since the markup here is insane), vitamins, hot chili pepper powders of all varieties (chili, cayenne, chipotle), dried chipotle peppers, graham crackers, reese's, chewing gum, dried fruit (like sour cherries, cranberries, craisins, etc.), and coconut (cooking) oil.

Crystal hot sauce, jars of fresh garlic chopped up, spices of any and all kinds, Tony Chachere's, Newman's salad dressing (I know you can buy it at Carrefour, etc., but $8 a bottle?????), Camelia Red Beans, Fish fry mix, Stuffing mix, Zatarin's rice mixes, Triscuits, and even though it's not practical, fruit flavored yogurt that doesn't have High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.

bradlyhale said:
- Tostitos Hint of Lime Chips
- Salsa, preferably the Wal-Mart Lime-flavored stuff
- Chili-cheese Fritos
- Coffee.. Lots of Coffee

:)

You like lime right??;)

Cheddar cheese is a great one, as it's definitely not available here,

:eek:
Chicas the cheddar in La tablita will make your mouth hurt its so strong...
www.fiambrerialatablita.com.ar/
Vidal 1726

Its not super creamy but it packs a punch and will calm your restless soul searching for cheddar I promise! Most of their cheeses are national (Tandil etc) and so their reblochon, taleggio, tomme etc are to be tried also...

fifs2 said:
Cheddar cheese is a great one, as it's definitely not available here,
The one from La Serenisima is seriously good...best cheese they have here, you should try it!

Back