What Happens When The Precaria Expires?

mrsamweb

Registered
Hello,

I'm new to the forums but I hope someone can help me with this questions :). I began the process to get a DNI last year but I couldn't get one because Migraciones said I was missing some documents. They just give me the Precaria but not the DNI.

Anyone know what happens when the Precaria expires (it's valide for 3 months). Do I just change my migration status to tourist and get 3 months until I've to leave the country? O did I just had to leave before the precaria expires to avoid a fine?

Also... do you know how many times you can leave the country paying fines? I mean.. at one point Migraciones can just denny you the entrance if you've been paying fines for being irregular?

Thank you very much! And Sorry for my english!

Hello,

Can I ask whether you were actually told you were missing documents or was that the message that came up on the website? The reason I ask is because I got given the precaria and then went onto the website a few weeks later, entered the number they game me to check the status of my application and it said I was missing documents. I wrote to them and they said I had to come to migraciones. For one reason or another I couldn't go to migraciones and to my surprise they turned up at my door a few weeks later with the DNI. I'm not saying it will be like that for you but I am pretty sure (from my experience) that they have some problems with their system.

Hello!

Thank you for your replys!

bajo_cero: I didn't know you could renew the precaria. I can still renewit if has already expired? I guess not :(

Smcali23: The message come up on the website. I also could not go to Migraciones and I don't know if I should go now that it is expired. they never showed up to my door so I guess they found a problem.

Thanks!

WTF.

I just go to the Migraciones website to wach the status of my papers and the message is different!

Expediente: - - - --
Fecha de Nacimiento: 15/08/1981
Estado: Su trámite fue resuelto el 25/04/2013
Disposición: 91259 - 25/04/2013
Delegación: LA PLATA - Calle 48 N° 529

Is this mean the DNI is ready? Should I just go and ask them? They told me when they give me the Precaria that I should go and pick-up the DNI myself at the Migraciones Office in La Plata.

WTF.

I just go to the Migraciones website to wach the status of my papers and the message is different!

Expediente: - - - --
Fecha de Nacimiento: 15/08/1981
Estado: Su trámite fue resuelto el 25/04/2013
Disposición: 91259 - 25/04/2013
Delegación: LA PLATA - Calle 48 N° 529

Is this mean the DNI is ready? Should I just wait or go and ask them?

That's exactly what happened to me. Glad you got some good news! Now you should either wait for the DNI or find out if it is with OCA and collect it from them.

Just re-read your message. You should go to the office if that's what they told you. I'm not sure it will be there yet, but it should be soon. Either way, your DNI is approved.

This is a happy sunday indeed.

I'll be there next week and updated what happened!

Back