What If British Win 1807 Invasion Of Buenos Aires?

You seem very confident on your claims, so I imagine you should have no problem quickly presenting factual evidence to back up your claims.

speaking of killing italians https://youtu.be/fASuBt8IIpE

Italian Fascism led popular organizations to an effective participation in national life, which had always been denied to the people. Before Mussolini’s rise to power, the nation was on one hand and the worker on the other, and the latter had no involvement in the former. […] In Germany happened exactly the same phenomenon, meaning, an organized state for a perfectly ordered community, for a perfectly ordered population as well: a community where the state was the tool of the nation, whose representation was, under my view, effective. I thought that this should be the future political form, meaning, the true people’s democracy, the true social democracy.

Sounds like Bernie Sanders

Yes, Peron was a self declared fascist/Nazi. That is why I am perplexed at your claims that Argentina was looking to "defend itself" from Brazil.

Yes, Peron was a self declared fascist/Nazi. That is why I am perplexed at your claims that Argentina was looking to "defend itself" from Brazil.

It was a Halloween joke. But it kinda makes sense in a way. I dont think turre actually ever was any plan to invade brasil. Like the tanks you mentioned the was planned for defense and inner / civil war / security and to extoll and justify the regime.
There are no flat pampas in corrientes and south brasil

There are no flat pampas in corrientes and south brasil

t2-term-3-4-brazil-2-brazils-natural-riches-5-638.jpg

BA+Nov+13-1.jpg
http://youtu.be/_wVYlPDub_U

camberiu as usual has managed to sabotage a thread and made it into something about Brazil or is this RioExPats forum now? ;)

That is so unfair. It was me who derailed the thread while wearing an algo rico mask.

If I were guided by that map I d expect flatlands in Misiones.
Botice the other vegetation in the badlabds next to charming northern uruguai. That area is as exciting and arid as west Texas, but granted a lot flatter too. Maybe the tanks could be used to contest geostrategic fun-filled towns like jaguarao/yaguaron

Brasiliens give Argentina too much credit. The weapons you deacribe were only used to topple populist dictators, bomb office workers, play capture the flag with blue and red teams, and more ambitiously to dinally invade Tucuman once and for all.

AFAIK, Argentine neutrality in WW2 obeyed to divisions within the militars.
There were lots of Nazis, a lot, cause argentine army, as well as chilean for example, was in its foundation inspired in prusian army, in germanys war tradition (while the navy was inspired by Great Britain btw)

But the militars, who governed the country by that time, were divided,and if there were nazis fans, there was also another half that supported the allies. Nazis were not a majority within the argentine militars. They could not impose their believes.

Peron liked Mussolinis experience, never heard of his sympathy for the nazis.

Good post tocayo,
And let s remind our friends that Mussolini himself only reticently allied with tge Germans (by allowing the annexation of Austria) because his army was not strong enough to project a nore honest intl diplomacy. A more geogr. Isolated fascist country like Spain could maintain that neutrality, just as FDR s new america which was able to stay out tge conflict until it became just too tempting ally with the Devil to conquer those markets and eliminate the British Empire once and for all.

Back