What is expensas?

1680218320370.png
I had closed the tab already, but here's just the top result. It's set to Alquilar, and it says 356.140 Expensas right under the USD 9.500.

$356,140 Expensas. Unfortunately this ad does not show a breakdown of said expenses so I cannot offer a comment.
This is what I've been freaking out over for weeks now. I'll find a place, and then the expenses will add another $200 USD or more to the monthly rent. At least, I'm assuming that number is in pesos. And I don't know if I can safely ignore this and just talk to the realtor, or if I'm just really dumb or what. I really don't want to be stuck moving between Airbnb for the rest of my life, but it looks cheaper than an apartment right now. And I feel like I must be doing or reading something wrong because no one else seems to have a problem with it.

....At least, I'm assuming that number is in pesos....
That is correct. Are you looking to rent a furnished apt?
If so, renting thru Airbnb may be your best bet right now. You can rent an apt for "X" number of days or weeks. Then, if you like the unit, neighborhood, etc. contact the owner directly through the cleaning person hired by the owner. Negotiate a "temporary stay" in increments of 6 months directly with the owner. The key is to find an owner that will agree to be paid in pesos. Whether the monthly rent includes utilities (cable, electricity, gas, water) is negotiable. This arrangement can benefit newly arrived expats and those owners who prefer not to declare the rental income to the ARG tax authority.

Back