What Is So Great About Miami?

hah, you think those Tetons would interest Argentines when they have these on their doorstep..
Andes-Mountains-Patagonia-Argentina-jpg-e1335465638978.jpg

Perhaps build a walmart in front of the Tetons and you might encourage a few to visit.

That's why The Tetons Park is Choice 57---- :D

Doorstep.....??? If you live in Patagonia...

Torres del Paine is 2800 km Away and may cost more to fly there than to Miami , Check the Prices Of the Explora Hotel,,$$$
hahahah... Activities for children.??... Can't beat Orlando DW or Marine World or Universal...!!!

Way above The Tetons is Bal Harbour Mall where you may catch a glimpse of Super diva Susana Jimenez Shopping ... :cool:

http://miami.about.c...topshopping.htm
Bal_Harbour_Shops-8980.jpg

El chalten is always cheaper and more interesting, but shopping is poor. The same for torres del Paine. But you don't go there to seat in hotel, so it's not for everyone. There are plenty of natural wonders around the globe, but I don't find Argentines too interested in them anyway...

Look at it from the point of view of an Argentine considering Miami/Florida.

1/ All year decent climate..check
2/ Local relatives/friends that can put you up instead of paying a hotel...check
3/ Spanish speaking........check
4/ Cheap city Shopping.....check
5/ Nice Beaches...check
6/ Distance from my house...check
7/ Disney...check
8/ Argentine restaurants...check
9/ Good Public Transport...check

When I am abroad the last thing I look for is Argentine anything, that's the ticket

There are plenty of natural wonders around the globe, but I don't find Argentines too interested in them anyway...

No kidding.

My sister- and mother-in-law once went with a tour group to see the Grand Canyon, but instead of visiting the Canyon they decided to spend the day shopping.
Meh, it's just a bunch of rocks and a big hole. :rolleyes:

Look at it from the point of view of an Argentine considering Miami/Florida.

1/ All year decent climate..check
2/ Local relatives/friends that can put you up instead of paying a hotel...check
3/ Spanish speaking........check
4/ Cheap city Shopping.....check
5/ Nice Beaches...check
6/ Distance from my house...check
7/ Disney...check
8/ Argentine restaurants...check
9/ Good Public Transport...check

Great review,,, Should add

10) The Snob Factor. If they tell their friends they went on Holiday to El Calafate ... yawn..! If they show their friends the SUV they rented , the Hotel Suite, Pool and Jacuzzi,The Buffet breakfast at the Hacienda Inn, the selfies with Mini Mouse or Actors at Universal Tour. The Argentine Parrilla on Collins Blvd. :eek:

Great review,,, Should add

10) The Snob Factor. If they tell their friends they went on Holiday to El Calafate ... yawn..! If they show their friends the SUV they rented , the Hotel Suite, Pool and Jacuzzi,The Buffet breakfast at the Hacienda Inn, the selfies with Mini Mouse or Actors at Universal Tour. The Argentine Parrilla on Collins Blvd. :eek:

Collins Avenue, but otherwise dead on. ;)

You non-Argentine guys don't get it, huh? I would LOVE to go to Bariloche,Ushuaia, Iguazú, NOA... The thing is, the roads SUCK (I have lost 2 relatives in traffic accidents here). Aeroparque SUCKS. Local hotels SUCK. Distances are long. Prices are a rip-off. You keep dealing with the Argentine way and if you have children, you don't get to choose when to go on holidays... Have you ever returned to Capital by car after a holiday or long weekend? All those cars honking at the toll... Miami simply means escaping.

The question was more, why Miami and not some other place, which are plenty in Americas. But I guess we got answers ;)

You non-Argentine guys don't get it, huh? I would LOVE to go to Bariloche,Ushuaia, Iguazú, NOA... The thing is, the roads SUCK (I have lost 2 relatives in traffic accidents here). Aeroparque SUCKS. Local hotels SUCK. Distances are long. Prices are a rip-off. You keep dealing with the Argentine way and if you have children, you don't get to choose when to go on holidays... Have you ever returned to Capital by car after a holiday or long weekend? All those cars honking at the toll... Miami simply means escaping.

Plus can you get in Argentina to sleep five in a double toom .. children Free... ???

Back