What Is The Argentine' Secret To Always Smelling So Good?

Girino

Registered
Seriously, how do they smell always so good? Do they put on a tons of perfume in the morning or do they go around why a bottle of perfume in their perfume and obsessively wear it?

I am feeling constantly fragrance-less, I am envious!

They bathe a lot. My ex used to bathe three times a day. And the ex before that would take a shower before going to the gym.

really ? i found quite the opposite; particularily when I used to take the bus... summer time was either a rank stink, or overly perfumed individuals. Both made me glad to leave the bus a couple of stops earlier and suck some fuel exhaust instead. Maybe in the area you're in there are relatively well groomed types, but for the rest... well. 'nuff said.

I don't know how exactly they do it, but one thing is sure. I definitely became more hygiene-conscious since I came here, being aware a standard "hello" here equals a hug and a kiss :rolleyes:

Seriously, how do they smell always so good? Do they put on a tons of perfume in the morning or do they go around why a bottle of perfume in their perfume and obsessively wear it?

I am feeling constantly fragrance-less, I am envious!
The amount of cologne the cab drivers are using can be offensive to some American women. Cologne turns off American women usually.I know Serafina is an Italian hottie :).But I have to admit, it does give a professional look if the cab driver smells good and wears ironed shirts. I smells a lot of cheap perfume too, which makes my skin and lung itchy. Duty free and mall area is a disaster to me. I used to have a good friend who is from middle east, he always puts a bottle of cologne in his Range Rover, when he gets in the car, the first thing he does is to put some perfume in his hands and rub his cheeks, especially before he meets with some hot chics. I do not want to touch anything in his car :)

LOL its all good til you get a big whiff of that natural gas from a bus passing by.

Hahah that's me. My closest street for taking buses is Las Heras (Hospital Rivadavia). I hate leaving my house with just-washed hair and clean, good-smelling clothes, and then one minute at the bus stop and the magic is gone... <_<.

My husband takes one shower a day and he does manage to smell good all the time without wearing perfume obssessively (granted, he kills the ozone layer every time he uses deodorant).
Same with a friend of mine. I keep asking her: is it your fabric softener? Is it your perfume? It depends on the type of skin I guess. But this friend does put cologne on her daughters head routinely, because she says that there is nothing more off-putting than a little girls' head smelling of hair (?) ;)

I have also seen a girl in a waiting room at my doctor's office spraying herself when her turn came.

Cologne turns off American women usually.I know Serafina is an Italian hottie :).

Some Italians wear tons of perfume, and I hate it. It's too strong and too much, and you can basically trace back where they came from by simply smelling the air. I can no longer stand the expensive perfume I used to wear in Italy (Shiseido Zen), it is too strong here! In Italy I loved it so much I even used it before going to bed.

Here I can smell mostly cologne, of course cheap stuff but mostly floral and pleasant. Girls and ladies walking on street simply give a subtle whiff of floral smell, nothing pestering like the horrendous Christian Dior Poison (very appropriate name) - when it came out it was pestering the streets everywhere!

I haven't noticed particularly the fragrance/cologne worn by males, I would have said they'd opt for something very strong like in the South of Italy but I have never really noticed any particular male smell, so I guess they do not.

Like Dada, I too became more hygiene-conscious. I bought some cheap water at Essentials and I spray a ton of that every time I have to attend an Argentine meeting (even my Spanish class), and if my hair are not freshly washed I even spray that on my hair. And I put on cream on my face to smell good during the usual hello-kiss (which I hate). Anyway, too much work, if you ask me!

Back