What Is The Argentine' Secret To Always Smelling So Good?

Just got a load of clean laundry back, and while glorying in the fabulous smell of the Vivex spray laundries use on clean clothes, I realized that this could contribute to the clean, fresh scent you smell when passing people on the street. What a great aroma!
Are you being sarcastic ? :) I smell a lot more fresh clothes in US than in Argentina. In Argentina, mostly just perfume and man's cologne. When temp is low, I really smell the apartment odor from some argie's heavy jacket/coat, the musty smell if you know what I mean.

http://gizmodo.com/science-confirms-that-old-people-really-do-have-a-smell-1472502978

Man in gym vestuarios after shower, that usually takes way too long, use abnormal amount of spray. They mostly aim air around, so they need a lot of it. I just escape.. I take short shower a day, don't like it. But I noticed in hostel, that all Americans (both continents) were using much more watter and taking more showers than Europeans in general, even in winter. I understand the need in the hot, humid city, but not in cold dry places with low pollution.

There are actually reasons against too many showers and excessive use of chemistry, but explain that to argentine, who also believes red is perfect summer color..

Man in gym vestuarios after shower, that usually takes way too long, use abnormal amount of spray. They mostly aim air around, so they need a lot of it. I just escape..

I am so with you on this! It looks like in the commercials, except that in the TV ads the spraying moment is in slow motions, that's why it lasts 5 seconds. I still haven't managed to explain this to my husband. I have had a (neutral) deodorizer for years before moving in with him, and then in a month it was gone! Amazing!

My dear Colombian roommate introduced me to body talc (£5 at most for a pack). A marvel. Body is fine, but shoes, after a long day walking in this summer heat... Marvel! All it takes for the shoes (and feet) to smell fresh after a long day is a good amount of powder in the shoes in the morning. No matter how far you walk. All flowers by the evening. Plus washing the shoes every 3 days or so. The talc works wonders.

My dear Colombian roommate introduced me to body talc (£5 at most for a pack). A marvel. Body is fine, but shoes, after a long day walking in this summer heat... Marvel! All it takes for the shoes (and feet) to smell fresh after a long day is a good amount of powder in the shoes in the morning. No matter how far you walk. All flowers by the evening. Plus washing the shoes every 3 days or so. The talc works wonders.

I cannot agree more on the essence of food powder in Buenos Aires, whether alpagart-ered or be-sockked - or both -, game changer.
No matter how tempting though, don't apply this reasoning to your balls: dry skin.

I cannot agree more on the essence of food powder in Buenos Aires, whether alpagart-ered or be-sockked - or both -, game changer.
No matter how tempting though, don't apply this reasoning to your balls: dry skin.

I will take you word on that. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Ugh. Can we talk about the disgustingness of laundry perfume? That's one thing I've never understood in latin countries. I can pick up that smell of chemical roses half a block away and it makes me gag. And I'm a smoker. I can't imagine what it smells like to a non-smoker.

Ugh. Can we talk about the disgustingness of laundry perfume? That's one thing I've never understood in latin countries. I can pick up that smell of chemical roses half a block away and it makes me gag. And I'm a smoker. I can't imagine what it smells like to a non-smoker.

what's laundry perfume?

what's laundry perfume?

Laundries often use a very basic, industrial detergent that has an almost stale smell, rather than the scented detergent sold for home use. They counteract that by spraying the finished laundry with a scent, usually "Vivex," that gives it a fresh smell. When I walk past someone with that clean scent, I find it much more pleasant than smelling stale smoke or the insect-repellant-smell of heavily-applied men's cologne.

Back