What is the average income for individuals working in Buenos Aires?

JG said:
We earn just enough to survive!!! Just enough to live!!

My friend is from Costa Rica and has an administrative job in san jose. he earns far far more than most argentines i know here. He took 2 international trips this year, all expensive guided tours. I pointed this out to him last night, and he confirmed that there is no question, argentines earn far less than they do in CR for the same job.

I'm curious - what's stopping Argentine's from getting a job online from Canada, USA or another first-world country? Now, I'm a bit biased, because being a web engineer, I always have the ability to work from anywhere there's an internet connection - but there are other jobs that you can do online and get paid about $15/hr US ($48p) - I've seen a few on craigslist.

Do you think those jobs on Craig's list are for real or just a way of trying to sell something?

sergio said:
Do you think those jobs on Craig's list are for real or just a way of trying to sell something?

That's where I found my current job :)

I'm sure there are a lot on there that aren't real, but it should be pretty easy to weed out the ones that wouldn't be a good decision.

mcaffa said:
According to this article - *El salario promedio privado subió a $2.434, según Indec - Infobae.com* -, the average salary for those working in the private sector is $2434 pesos a month. Since these figures are from Indec, I suspect the actual figures may be a bit lower.

According to a Reuters article in July, the minimum wage will rise to 1,240 pesos in December from 1200 pesos a month now (preview.tinyurl.com/5nucrk) If Argentina is like many other nations that average will be arrived at from an awful lot of people earning between 1200 and 2434 and awfully few earning a great deal more than that. A logarithmic curve rather than a bell curve. By the way, I've never understood how the minimum wage/month system works. Is there a legal maximum number of working hours to prevent someone being paid two and a half pesos an hour for working sixteen hours a day, seven days a week?

Sergio- I wish I had a foreigner contract. I would get flights back, housing, groceries, pesos and sterling. No, I have a local contract because I wast hired after I moved here. But they help people like me to get a visa and DNI. I am at a private school, because mi español es la ciencia mal. For those teachers out there BA and Providencs have lots of bilingual private schools.
As for the maid, we pay $10 pesos an hour plus $5pesos for travel. One day $80p. we give her some extra.

does anybody have an idea how much you can charge as a freelance graphic designer, per design (for example, print design for tshirt) or per day (ex. 2-4 designs per day) ???
i'm thinking 150 pesos per design, sounds normal??

Yachichi -- are you a local trying to figure out what to charge someone in the USA, or are you trying to find out what you could charge to the Argentine local market?

Also, it depends on your experience / portfolio etc. What do you provide your client with -- what rights do they have to the design after? Are you providing them all original files and giving over license of the work, or do you retain license? Do they get to print an unlimited run of these t-shirts, or does the contract allow for only limited use?

Back