What Is Today's Holiday?

Tourism... Who goes on vacation on a Wednesday? :p 3 or 4 day weekends at least make some sense.

Stupity & Short-sightedness [are] the main reason for these new feriados.

There, I fixed it for you.

The money that is lost by: Bondis, Subtes, Restaurants, Sandwich Shops, Newsstands, Kioskos, Parking Lots, Taxis, Gas (Petrol/NAFTA/GNC) Stations, Librerias (office supplies), Photocopy Offices, and every other store than shuts down for feriados FAR OUTWEIGHS the pittance gained through "internal tourismo".

This is 2013. This is the 200 Anniversary Year of when all of the "S#!+ started goin' down" between Gen. San Martin led troupes & the Spainish army. It all started in 1813. 1810 was easy, because they were rebelling against a king who didn't have a kingdom. It was in 1813, after Napoleon had been defeated, that the weakened King of Spain thought that he could resurrect the Empire. He was wrong.

Now, the brain dead Congress will follow La Reyna's instructions all year and they can add vacation days until the cows come home in hopes of winning enough congressional seats to change the constitution. It's just horrible for the country, but if the plan works, then it will officially be DEVASTATING.

This is the 4th (FOURTH) feriado in the last 15 business days. That's a loss of 26 2/3% of production over that time. A span (January through February) that used to not have any special feriados before La Reyna started creating them in an effort to buy votes.

Es una vergüenza.

I have been communicating with the Argentine Consulate in Miami on some various issues. Great week for them. They had President's Day off and now today's holiday. Not bad when you work there and get both US and Argentine holidays off !!

There must be like 25 between the two countries ??

Next week will be a holiday commemorating the 200th anniversary of General Belgrano finding water in Bolivia.

Saw this photo on Facebook and it made me think of this thread.

551336_10151302742116275_349921410_n.jpg

If there really is "only one politician who can lead us..." then it's time to just scrap the entire system and start over. Anytime I hear that about any state, country, province, city... I just want to hurl. Once you get to about 30 people, you should have at least 2 people who can keep things going until another "leader" emerges. Once you get to 1,000 or more people, then there should be 50 or so people. So in a country of 40 million, I would think that it would be obvious that there will be options and that change is good.

Back