What is your least favorite piece of technology?

Raymond

Registered
I know for those of us that have been in South America awhile, we have had to face the challenges of learning new phones, finding quality electricians that don´t sell cables that short-out your expensive electronic toys etc, but for the most part I at least have become used to not being so tech dependant. My girlfriend has a blackberry which even she cannot navigate well and on the ocassions I´ve tried to send a text I enevitably hand it back to her muttering something about her mother. I miss my iphone and frankly the windows phone is a close second to the blackberry for me..

My least favourite would be the internal combustion engine.

But anyway, since when does south america pose the challenge of having to learn a new phone? And since when do you buy cables from an electrician? :confused:

Id have to say its this grammaphone. When it gets hot the wax cilinders melts :)

You know ? I have an iphone that has never been outside my nightstand drawer. Im afraid im gonna crush it or something. I know it doesnt compare , but i only need one hand to do all i need to do on my bb

I don´t know about the least, I know about the best one. If my Kindle was a woman I would marry it.

The least would be all those facebook-capable phones. Since they were invented is impossible to start a conversation with a girl on the train/bus.

• Anything that can wake me up when I am sleeping.
  • Things that make NOISE in a place or time when silence is called for.
  • Car horn, or worse, truck horns in a residential neighborhood.
  • Car alarms.
  • Cellular phones "that must be answered" when you are in a conversation with someone, and their ringtones.
  • Chinese made anything.
  • Bad speakers on low watt amps belching mindless [mindless genre] music.
  • Guns
  • Things that MUST be updated or outmoded every couple of days.
  • Fake wood.
  • Fake Doc Martens.
  • Fake boobs
  • DRM
There's more but I am starting to not like my computer now too.

Cell phones; they have ruined peace and quiet in any public space!

Agree with surfing.
Not only the mobile phone but also that dammed Nextel phone, which is like a walkie talkie.
As if we all need to hear the intimate details of both the user and of the one who called them.
Also, whatever happened to 'Can I call you back, as I'm busy right now?', particularly when you are with someone having a chat or whatever and their phone goes off.
When I'm with my lady or someone else and my attention is focused on them, I either ignore the call or ask the caller to call back.
I think it's called good manners.

Back