What Are Your Least Favorite Topics At Baexpats?

What are your Least Favorite Topics?

• Where to find Maple Syrup

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Blue Dollar

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Neoliberal Fanboy's Pipe Dreams (i.e. How to change the economy)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Where to find kale

• Which is better, Argentinean or Italian Pizza?

• Yanqui Ideas to Bring Puritanism to Argentina

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Articles on how Screwed Up Argentina's Economy is

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Anything in the Women's Forum

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Joe's Polls

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Politics.
Boring.

Off topic .. Does a Fuggazzetta qualify to be classified as pizza? .. Just curious ..

Reactions: Joe
The ones about crime in BA that always end up in useless comparisons of Buenos Aires to some other random point on the globe followed by callous insult swapping between the two most offended parties on the thread.
Second would be the detailed economic analysis threads because my understanding and interest in economics starts and ends with 'how much will my groceries cost me?'.
I like Joe's polls (except the pizza ones, that normally end up in callous insult swapping between the two most offended parties on the thread).

Second would be the detailed economic analysis threads because my understanding and interest in economics starts and ends with 'how much will my groceries cost me?'.

Are you referring to the above average strongly verbose ones trying vacant sound bites to sell you Manhattan Bridge of economics ?

I dont like the articles of biased media talking about how bad Argentina is doing it while we have UN, Cepal, World Bank, IMF telling how good the situation socially is. There are big enormous interests that this government is touching, it is a government that faught against (some, not all) corporations, and that made them new enemies.
This forum does not get that. This is the best government in decades. The first government that take people out of poverty, instead of increasing it. The others before turned the situation worst than the government before so finished with more. Facts. 11 years of growth with social inclusion. With a very low debt. With social plans. With low unemployment. With industry growth. With internal market. These are facts that dont admit discussion.

People in this forum only see the bad things on this government, because they are linked to external factors, such as living in dollars, or needing import stuff.
But anyway, I dont want this to be long. There are lots of things I dont like about Kirchnerismo, but surely less than you.

I dont like the articles of biased media talking about how bad Argentina is doing it while we have UN, Cepal, World Bank, IMF telling how good the situation socially is. There are big enormous interests that this government is touching, it is a government that faught against (some, not all) corporations, and that made them new enemies.
This forum does not get that. This is the best government in decades. The first government that take people out of poverty, instead of increasing it. The others before turned the situation worst than the government before so finished with more. Facts. 11 years of growth with social inclusion. With a very low debt. With social plans. With low unemployment. With industry growth. With internal market. These are facts that dont admit discussion.

People in this forum only see the bad things on this government, because they are linked to external factors, such as living in dollars, or needing import stuff.
But anyway, I dont want this to be long. There are lots of things I dont like about Kirchnerismo, but surely less than you.

Full heatedly agree.

Only problem is ... there is much much higher expectations from Argentina. Argentina is running way below its potential.
Argentina could've been another Canada or another USA economically.

Frustrating not seeing good brains economists to steer this ship on a tough road uphill to change things to much much better position.
Repeating doing the same thing ... is frustrating.

Not really I talk to all sorts of local people nobody is happy. Mind you didn't talk to people in Villas receiving Plans

Back