What Languages Do You Speak?

English, Tamil, Spanish, Hindi, forgotten my high school French and Indonesian, and the more Spanish I learn, the more Hindi I forget.

english, spanish, brasilian portuguese

I wish i had of learned portuguese first, spanish must be so easy for portuguese speakers

I am surprised by the amount of French! Did you all learn in school?

English, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic (intermediate level), and Euskara (intermediate level). Oddly enough, my English has been going down the drain since I've moved here...

Am a graduated Arabic - English translator.but graduated many moons ago and barely speak a word of it to be honest...sad. Spanish, French and a smattering of bad Swedish is what the university of life delivered up.

anabeeare said:
Oddly enough, my English has been going down the drain since I've moved here...
I have noticed the same - for me it probably comes from listening to Spanglish, my English detoriated horribly (but temporarily) 20 years ago while I was working in Italy " havee youe seene thee moviee callede ...".

BAFinance said:
Does piglatin count?
- and what about Ænglisc?

"Þu hæfst bende tō tramete gefolgod þe nū gīet ne stendeþ. Tō scieppene þone tramet, onginn þyddan in þǣre boxe under (sēo þone helptramet for mā gefrǣge). Gif þu hider misfōn cōme, cnoca þā þīnne webbscēaweres on bæc cnæpp."

(See: http://ang.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hēafodsīde)

A little Portuguese and Italian in addition to the obvious two. Et pas de français ;)

English, French, Portuguese-Portuguese, Spanish & Italian.

Back