What the hell is a "North American"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uff, it doesn´t matter the language that you speak. In OUR culture, we are Americans, in YOURS, you are and we are not. The thing is... WE have a different culture than YOURS. See? And if you try to pass yours as the "valid" one, I have a word for ya: Imperialismo. Look it up.

marksoc said:
Uff, it doesn´t matter the language that you speak. In OUR culture, we are Americans, in YOURS, you are and we are not. The thing is... WE have a different culture than YOURS. See? And if you try to pass yours as the "valid" one, I have a word for ya: Imperialismo. Look it up.

If you live in a "Catholic" country, then you already understand "Imperialismo".

Great. If you have any respect for anything I will ask you to stop before saying anything about catholicism.

It's amazing how easily people in your country dare to open their mouths about the holly roman church. Just becasue you can.

Do you really want to trash my religion ? really ? what religion is yours ?

Napoleon said:
If you live in a "Catholic" country, then you already understand "Imperialismo".

mercjoe said:
Great. If you have any respect for anything I will ask you to stop before saying anything about catholicism.

It's amazing how easily people in your country dare to open their mouths about the holly roman church. Just becasue you can.

Do you really want to trash my religion ? really ? what religion is yours ?

What you call "trashing", I would call "pointing out the obvious".

I will avoid getting into a religious discussion of the positives, negatives, benefits, hypocrisies, and vergüenzas of a particular religion (or organized religions in general). I was simply pointing out another example of Imperialism that's been around for over 1,600 years.

We don't care about your obviousness perceptions. Be descent enough to drop your anti Catholic comments while being here, this is not "north america".

Napoleon said:
What you call "trashing", I would call "pointing out the obvious".

I will avoid getting into a religious discussion of the positives, negatives, benefits, hypocrisies, and vergüenzas of a particular religion (or organized religions in general). I was simply pointing out another example of Imperialism that's been around for over 1,600 years.

mercjoe said:
To be honest I don't get pissed about US people being called "americans".

And neither do many of those using "estadounidense" and "norteamericano". for those people, including me, these words are just more accurate or specific.

I can't understand why you find it so offensive. It's a different word with the exact same meaning.

Was that directed towards me since you quoted my post? I don't get offended at all by people calling me any of those three terms you mentioned or even gringa.

I'm just pointing out that when people from the US call themselves Americans, they're not deliberately trying to upset citizens of other countries. It's just the common term used by people, especially people in the US to describe themselves.

This reminds me of when I lived in Morocco and Moroccans hated to be referred to as African.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back