What This Means For Ex Pats

It took years before Venezuela reached its current state and it will take longer to destroy Argentina but the writing is on the wall.
It took years to get to the dire extreme it’s in now but many wealthy Venezuelans and just about all of the famous people from all the fancy soap operas they used to tape there, saw the writing on the wal and left at the first sight of what (then) Chavez meant in the early 2000s. It’s now the people who haven’t had the resources to leave prior or who had some reason to wait it out so long (family, etc) that’s why you’ll notice generally a huge difference in the type of person from Venezuela who left many years ago and the ones fleeing now eager and willing to work harder than most/all people just for the opportunity of doing so.

Will Kirschner allow me to overstay as a tourist is my main question!

You’ll still probably get fined when you leave the airport, and the fines will probably go up as well as the Visa reciprocity being reinstated, but immigration prob won’t be as tough as now, as CFK relies on those undocumented to cheer and vote for her.

When Macri was elected I considered this the country's last chance. I don't see any way of recovering from another CFK government.

Speaking of which, this might probably be a good wave to ride for someone to obtain a pensioner/rentista visa... If it’s still at 30.000 pesos(?) a month, that means at 60 pesos to the dollar, you’d only need to show 500 dollars monthly now.... The process takes 3 months and it doesn’t look like the dollar will curve in 3 months and somehow I don’t see increasing this amount a priority on the tail end of Macri’s regime.

Back