What to bring - any updates ? rop

Ailujjj

Registered
I will be arriving in BA in December and am wrapping up the packing/renting of my place here and starting the packing/prep for BA :)

I have read several previous threads about what to bring and while I will probably make do with whatever knives and kitchen pots come with our flat, I will be packing some of my favourite spices, deodorant & computer accessoires. I know the other products I like are available there (with one exception) and I like a lot of the European brands which are actually less expensive in Argentina than in Canada.

One thing I thought of was vitamins. While they aren't pricey, they sure do take up a lot of room if you want to bring a decent supply! Should I bother to bring these?

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to bring now that they have settled in? Thanks~

merican brands are of a somewhat better quality. Perfumes too. Everything else is OK here.Good Luck

If you have a beard, bring some scissors. My scissors were confiscated by the plane company because i left them in my cabin bag, and i couldnt find any that would cut properly. Pharmacies only provide with nails scisors.

Ailujjj said:
I will be arriving in BA in December and am wrapping up the packing/renting of my place here and starting the packing/prep for BA :)

I have read several previous threads about what to bring and while I will probably make do with whatever knives and kitchen pots come with our flat, I will be packing some of my favourite spices, deodorant & computer accessoires. I know the other products I like are available there (with one exception) and I like a lot of the European brands which are actually less expensive in Argentina than in Canada.

One thing I thought of was vitamins. While they aren't pricey, they sure do take up a lot of room if you want to bring a decent supply! Should I bother to bring these?

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to bring now that they have settled in? Thanks~

Having read advice on this forum, I too bought loads of stuff with me when I moved. Most completely unnecessary! Farmacity has everything in terms of deoderants, vitamins etc. All herbs and spices are available with a quick and enjoyable trip to Chinatown needed for some of the fresh stuff. If you are a serious cook, bring your own knives as your flat will come with poor quality ones. Electronic equipment has a high tax rate here, so bring what you need. Miles

i would still pack jerk/fajita/thai/mesquite/monterey seasoning, good teriyaki sauce, good olive oil, good aged balsamic, and an iphone

*Repel Lemon Eucalyptus mosquito spray - its DEET free

Thanks for the tips!

I am all for taking a trip to Chinatown if it spares me from having to attempt shrink-wrapping spices to avoid having all my luggage smell like nutmeg or cumin - and I can definitely make do with whatever vitamins they have there - other than the ones that are hard to find HERE.

Electronics - well, I won't even know if I may need an (extra laptop battery, power cord, etc) until it's too late but will just have to rely on visitors for those. But I guess a little ipod speaker system (those little bose things) would be worth packing and bringing.

Back