What To Expect, When A Fellow Expat Recommends A Maid

BankNote

Registered
Guys,

Had a weird experience today.

Someone ( I will not name) had posted a add regarding a maid/household help he/she wanted to recommend for other expats.

I sent a email giving my email id, asking the person to give it to the maid to get in touch or send me her no. for me to get in touch.

I received a very intimidating email demanding to know each and every possible thing about my personal life !

a. What are you doing in BA.

b. Why do you need a maid

c. what work will she have to do

d. I will come with her and check you out before allowing her to work for you.

e. This is the salary, "I" ( the expat) am fixing for her. You have to give this salary.

f. Till how long will you be in BA

g. You have any references !!!

h. Who is yr employer?

i. Do you have wife and kids?

j. whats yr annual salary!!!

Guys,

is this normal for expats on this forum ? I mean, I have been in BA for many yrs and interacted with expats mainly in real face to face meetings.

But this email received ( directly at my email id...the expat did not bother using the forum message service ; the email id was meant for the maid and not for the expat's use) was exceptional!!!

I mean...does it sound insane to me ONLY or to you guys as well??

wondering!! Phew!!!

Avoid at all costs.

No kidding. There are plenty of good maids out there. What zone are you in? I'll ask my maid if she's looking for more work, although I think she's pretty booked.

Someone forgot to take the medication.

You asked for a contact reference, that is all. The rest is a business/service deal to be conducted by the interested parties exclusively.

I'd just thank this person for the trouble and kindly suggest some quality time spent self-intercoursing

That expat might be running or attempting to run a maid agency, he forgot to take his daily pills, he has been under the sun for too long in the heat, is sending a relative to work as a maid ( tough times ) Or is pimping her. In any case, run, run, run.

Thanks Guys for restoring my faith in the exapt community on this board! After reading that mail, I was wondering if I was insane OR this expat!

This expat from this board has absolutely freaked me out!!

Who was it? Name and shame. Have you taken it up with him/her personally?

Frankenstein_Mob_ANI.gif

Seriously?

Back