What We Like About Argentina

Can we all stay away from stereotypes? There is no typical "American woman".

I love the sky, the light, the sunsets here.
I love asados with family and friends.
I love the jacaranda trees in spring.
I love that I know the butcher, the baker (not yet the candlestick maker;) etc - it's all about the neighborhood stores. That was true when I lived in Las Canitas and it's true where I live in pvca now.
I love that the speed limit is really more of a suggestion than an absolute ;)

No citygirl, they really can't. Some more to stay on topic:

-The public transportation gets me absolutely anywhere and I love it. Makes me feel free and untethered.
-Related: The fact that it's easy and generally pleasant to be a pedestrian here, thanks to the crosswalks, wide sidewalks on major streets, etc. Don't miss tromping through uncut grass on medians and darting across what seemed like freeways with no crosswalks or stoplights.
-For all the talk of crime, people are out on the streets until very late. No hiding at home once the sun goes down (depressing way to live, believe me.)
-There is so much character to be found in older apartment buildings. I absolutely love them. My doorbell sounds like it's 100 years old, and probably is.
-Nothing like late afternoon light hitting the sides of buildings here. I also love the sunsets.
-Everything is interesting to look at. I always stare out the window on the bus for the entire trip. Always have, always will.
-My husband's and my favorite neighborhood parrilla. We're new to our neighborhood, but by the second time we went we were already on a first-name basis with the waiter. He greets us warmly every time, shakes my husband's hand and kisses my cheek. The food is excellent and the meat even comes out pink in the middle.
-I love that there are public universities and public healthcare. Somehow they manage this, as imperfect as those institutions are, despite rampant tax evasion and an extremely unstable economy.
-Older and elderly Argentines do not just disappear. They are out and about, and that's great.
-I love that very small businesses can thrive here in a way that they just don't in the U.S., land of corporate mega-chains.

I really like the dry sunny climate, the many vineyards (and of course the wine the produce), the beautiful views of the Andes, the excellent meat for the sunday asados, the fresh pasta available at every corner, the facturas, the beautiful women, the restaurants downtown, the tree lined streets everywhere, the friendliness of people, and quality of life here. (Mendoza)

What kind of women in US are you referring to ?" wearing heels and walking like a truck driver" ? Have you been to US or other countries ? Sorry I do not mean to be rude.
Both women in Argentina and US are great. American women are more interesting and self dependent. The only difference between the women in US and the chicas here iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss (please listen): You have a much better chance with an argie woman, almost no chance with a beautiful American woman. They devote themselves to Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Even though you are a nerd from Silicon Valley or Wall Street with muchos $, you still do not have a chance. But your odds is much better here. That's the secret everyone knows. I am glad I told you.

So men have a better chance with Argentine women because they're easier than American women? I've lived all over the States on both coasts and have traveled extensively in Asia, Latin America and Australia. Many women in various countries walk like truck drivers in heels but I think your main concern was the U.S. American women from the South and the big cities are very elegant. But not all of them are, especially in the center of
The country. It sounds like you never left L.A. It's ironic. The supposedly impossible to get American women that devote themselves to Brad Pitt suddenky become "easy" and "loose" when they come to Argentina.

What kind of women in US are you referring to ?" wearing heels and walking like a truck driver" ? Have you been to US or other countries ? Sorry I do not mean to be rude.
Both women in Argentina and US are great. American women are more interesting and self dependent. The only difference between the women in US and the chicas here iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss (please listen): You have a much better chance with an argie woman, almost no chance with a beautiful American woman. They devote themselves to Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Even though you are a nerd from Silicon Valley or Wall Street with muchos $, you still do not have a chance. But your odds is much better here. That's the secret everyone knows. I am glad I told you.

So men have a better chance with Argentine women because they're easier than American women? I've lived all over the States on both coasts and have traveled extensively in Asia, Latin America and Australia. Many women in various countries walk like truck drivers in heels but I think your main concern was the U.S. American women from the South and the big cities are very elegant. But not all of them are, especially in the center of
The country. It sounds like you never left L.A. It's ironic. Many of the supposedly impossible to get American women that devote themselves to Brad Pitt suddenly become "easy" and "loose" when they come to Argentina.

Argentinian women keep wanting my body. I wish I could just walk down the streets of BA without being looked at as a sexual object.

Back