What We Like About Argentina

1. I like to live in a place the city is that green in a genuine way (and not the fake West Palm way)
  2. I like it here because I like that there is a unique blend of Europeans (let's forget of the indios for a moment)
  3. I like to imagine the first colonists who arrived here with very little and had a new land to discover and cities to build
  4. I like to watch at the oldest buldings of the 1800's and imagine how was Buenos Aires 100 years ago to those who arrived here from so far and had the city to shape
  5. I like that there are so many places where you can have a cheap meal just for the sake of hanging out with friends (a thing I could no longer afford in Italy)
  6. I like the limited choice of vegetables and fruit which are just the seasonal ones, and not incredibly red strawberries 365 days a year like at Publix
  7. I like that taking a public mean of transport is very convenient compared to owning a private car (in Italy, if you travel in at least 2, it is cheaper to go by car)
  8. I like to live in a country where I am not overcontrolled by mean of interconnected databases and cams and the like.
  9. I like to live in a place where there are very little (recent) immigrants from the third world who cannot seem to integrate with the society
  10. I like to live in a country where I don't have to pass a metal detector every time I enter a public office, like you have to in the US
  11. I like that people here give you a genuine smile and a say a nice line not because they are instructed to by the management and fear customer complains
  12. I like that here you queue to get on a bus or a train, in a such disciplined manner that I would never expect to find in Latin America
  13. I like that the people here are not obsessed with being tanned and skinny and wearing branded clothes, nor about parading their asses/titties at every chance they get (I imagined LatinoAmericans as J.Lo and Nicky Minaj, sorry - it pleased by their simplicity and lack of taste by the fashion standards)
I think 13 is enough for a while. Enjoy.
You missed the most important part.

Argentine women tend to be more graceful and delicate. I've seen women in the Stayes or in many other countries that make sexy look vulgar or crass; often wearing heels and walking like a truck driver and cursing like a sailor. I have to hand it to Argentine women, and men for that matter, they're more refined (not all of them) in their movement and they're way of being. And this doesn't have to do with make-up, heels or ties and nice suits. It has to do with onda.
What kind of women in US are you referring to ?" wearing heels and walking like a truck driver" ? Have you been to US or other countries ? Sorry I do not mean to be rude.
Both women in Argentina and US are great. American women are more interesting and self dependent. The only difference between the women in US and the chicas here iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss (please listen): You have a much better chance with an argie woman, almost no chance with a beautiful American woman. They devote themselves to Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Even though you are a nerd from Silicon Valley or Wall Street with muchos $, you still do not have a chance. But your odds is much better here. That's the secret everyone knows. I am glad I told you.

What kind of women in US are you referring to ?" wearing heels and walking like a truck driver" ? Have you been to US or other countries ? Sorry I do not mean to be rude.
Both women in Argentina and US are great. American women are more interesting and self dependent. The only difference between the women in US and the chicas here iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss (please listen): You have a much better chance with an argie woman, almost no chance with a beautiful American woman. They devote themselves to Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Even though you are a nerd from Silicon Valley or Wall Street with muchos $, you still do not have a chance. But your odds is much better here. That's the secret everyone knows. I am glad I told you.

Well, I've never been to the US but there are sooooo many examples that prove your argument is totally wrong.

What kind of women in US are you referring to ? American women are more interesting and self dependent.

No, sorry. Overall, American women SEEM self-reliant. After a couple of months, the "daddy complex" comes to the surface - at that point, run for your life.

I'll stay with my Argentina, thanks. She is the picture of self-reliance - she doesn't need me around, but she chooses to have me around. And that's a great compliment.

I like being able to rent DVDs of all the Oscar nominated films every year from my local video shop for a few pesos.

I've seen Dallas Buyers Club, Blue Jasmine, Nebraska, Philomena, August: Osage County, Saving Mr. Banks, Mandela, Her, and The Butler over the past three months.

No, sorry. Overall, American women SEEM self-reliant. After a couple of months, the "daddy complex" comes to the surface - at that point, run for your life.

I'll stay with my Argentina, thanks. She is the picture of self-reliance - she doesn't need me around, but she chooses to have me around. And that's a great compliment.

Can we all stay away from stereotypes? There is no typical "American woman".

I love the sky, the light, the sunsets here.
I love asados with family and friends.
I love the jacaranda trees in spring.
I love that I know the butcher, the baker (not yet the candlestick maker;) etc - it's all about the neighborhood stores. That was true when I lived in Las Canitas and it's true where I live in pvca now.
I love that the speed limit is really more of a suggestion than an absolute ;)

Actually it is a lot easier to pick up a women in the states.

I like the fact that I could drag race my 1966 jeep gladiator truck against the new ranger police trucks just because the cops liked the sound of my exhaust and get compliments from them at the next stop light :)

Back