What will the Dollar be worth End 2020.!

That analogy is an insult to trapeze artists, who are for the most part highly competent. The people managing Argentina's economy apparently couldn't find their own ass with both hands and a flashlight.

I would very much like to believe this is all part of some fiendishly subtle master plan, but it certainly has the appearance of something more like a Three Stooges routine. "Who's on first, What's on Second, I-Don't-Know's on third."

(/me bangs head on desk repeatedly)

Hate to show my age but the Who's on first routine was done by Abbott and Costello not the Three Stooges. The blue dollar has gone up around 35 % in the last five weeks, who knows what it will do by the end of the year?

Hate to show my age but the Who's on first routine was done by Abbott and Costello not the Three Stooges. The blue dollar has gone up around 35 % in the last five weeks, who knows what it will do by the end of the year?

Economists refer to it as peso devaluation...!! I'll venture to say 20% or more in the next 10 weeks

Economists refer to it as peso devaluation...!! I'll venture to say 20% or more in the next 10 weeks
If the Euro blue is already at 210, the dollar blue is on-track to hit the 200 target pretty soon.

Interesting to note that the government's measures announced yesterday to soften the brecha just sent it soaring even higher.
I am worried they get desperate and pull a truly awful move since they are in a corner and pretty much out of ammo at this point while the reserves are unlikely to get any plumper.

It would be too much to hope that they wake up tomorrow, smell the coffee and decide to start making the difficult deep structural reforms necessary to generate confidence in the economy.

Things are either about to go "boom" or we transition into a new normal with a 150-200% brecha (and lord only knows inflation %, which like the blue won't officially exist, of course, but a $600 cup of imported coffee becomes unaffordable for regular Argentines) for the next six months or so until a landslide electoral change quietens things down?

There is a very sane reason the BLUE RATE is doing what it has been doing and will continue to do ... RISE!

The blue rate is is a barometer of the financial system of Argentina.

BLUE goes up ... confidence in the Argentine financial system goes down. Inverse ... BLUE down ... confidence up.

There is a very sane reason the BLUE RATE is doing what it has been doing and will continue to do ... RISE!

The blue rate is is a barometer of the financial system of Argentina.

BLUE goes up ... confidence in the Argentine financial system goes down. Inverse ... BLUE down ... confidence up.

Indeed.
What Argentina should do is admit they're not as supercalifragilisticoespialidocious as they think they are and take their rightful place in the world.....in the second league!! Love the country and the people but they don't half suffer from a superiority complex.

Indeed.
What Argentina should do is admit they're not as supercalifragilisticoespialidocious as they think they are and take their rightful place in the world.....in the second league!! Love the country and the people but they don't half suffer from a superiority complex.

No kidding. They're not even exporting decent football players any more, and look how far they've fallen behind England in the FIFA rankings.

No kidding. They're not even exporting decent football players any more, and look how far they've fallen behind England in the FIFA rankings.

Oh, the FIFA World Rankings. What a joke they are. I agree, though, Argentina is going through a bit of a dry spell in terms of talent, at least at the top level.

If the Official dollar may go to $136 pesos soon? ..! will the farmers sell the crops NOW..? People will buy whatever with the current dollar .. !

Infobae

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) will ask the Government to quickly bring the Official dollar to about $ 136, and accept that the exchange rate be doubled and could contribute about US$3 billion if Argentina requests them to face the exchange rate run .

Back