What will the Dollar be worth End 2020.!

Damn, that's clever! Good for you.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matthew 7:3-5
Red,

Define the metaphor please. (I have my limitations, I am not good at this kind of stuff.)

Red,

Define the metaphor please. (I have my limitations, I am not good at this kind of stuff.)
I think he meant that we should all get down from the moral high horse .... at least we are in Argentina where the rules are meant to be bent (to say the least)

I think he meant that we should all get down from the moral high horse .... at least we are in Argentina where the rules are meant to be bent (to say the least)
Yeah, That's what I thought he meant, but like I said, I am not good at this kind of stuff.

Alpinista, Please understand I believe in being a good citizen. Anything less, looks wrong to me. I understand no laws are being broken, just a moral code at best. From my point of view, everyone needs to be treated fair, being greedy is no good, because pigs eventually get slaughtered. If roles were reversed and the benefactor was the employer compensating the employee, chances are the viewpoint would shift 180 degrees the other way.

But hey, it isn't up to me to mediate that set of circumstances, I am just commenting. That is what we do here ... comment.

Yeah, That's what I thought he meant, but like I said, I am not good at this kind of stuff.

Alpinista, Please understand I believe in being a good citizen. Anything less, looks wrong to me. I understand no laws are being broken, just a moral code at best. From my point of view, everyone needs to be treated fair, being greedy is no good, because pigs eventually get slaughtered. If roles were reversed and the benefactor was the employer compensating the employee, chances are the viewpoint would shift 180 degrees the other way.

But hey, it isn't up to me to mediate that set of circumstances, I am just commenting. That is what we do here ... comment.

They actually do try to reverse the roles. You can have part of your salary directly deposited here (to pay your bills and such). Guess which rate they use.

Well who knows where the dollar will go ? there is no ceiling. Or where the peso will sink ? tighten your belts

In 2003 I rented a studio on Ave, Santa Fe and Pueyrredon, in Recoleta .I checked today and the rental for the same space is half the price in US Blue dollars 1 US$ : 177 pesos

Well who knows where the dollar will go ? there is no ceiling. Or where the peso will sink ? tighten your belts

In 2003 I rented a studio on Ave, Santa Fe and Pueyrredon, in Recoleta .I checked today and the rental for the same space is half the price in US Blue dollars 1 US$ : 177 pesos

Yes, many rents have gone up in Pesos, but plummeted in U.S Dollars over the last year. Now it seems they are going down in pesos as well since there is little demand.

Yes, many rents have gone up in Pesos, but plummeted in U.S Dollars over the last year. Now it seems they are going down in pesos as well since there is little demand.

There is No floor for the peso it's a trapeze act without net..!

There is No floor for the peso it's a trapeze act without net..!

That analogy is an insult to trapeze artists, who are for the most part highly competent. The people managing Argentina's economy apparently couldn't find their own ass with both hands and a flashlight.

I would very much like to believe this is all part of some fiendishly subtle master plan, but it certainly has the appearance of something more like a Three Stooges routine. "Who's on first, What's on Second, I-Don't-Know's on third."

(/me bangs head on desk repeatedly)

Yet you speak to many owners and they say "my apartment is worth US$1000 a month and now I'm only getting US$300 a month, so I would prefer to leave it empty"... hello, this ain't the USA or Europe it is Argentina in its worst(?) economic crisis ever. The phycological barrier is the first thing that needs to break for prices to come down before demand and prices can rebuild.

Back