What will the Dollar be worth End 2020.!

Some made up drug raid excuse. I don't know how they think this will control the exchange rate. It will only make the blue skyrocket as it will actually be risky to sell dollars in the cueva.

Will the police raids in the cuevas help to stop the free fall of the peso? I guess it will have, as always, exactly the opposite effect.

And so the “war on economic terrorism begins“. If you can generate confidence using your allure, use an iron first instead. Works every time.

D'Elia a Kirchnerista has proposed that it Should be illegal to Publish the Blue Dollar rate in any Media..

D'Elia a Kirchnerista has proposed that it Should be illegal to Publish the Blue Dollar rate in any Media..
Currently they are discussing new measures to stop the free fall. I am really curious with what they come with. (the irony is: only the news that the cabinet is meeting sent the USD soaring .... the day will come when I will feel sorry for Guzman, I am almost there)

Currently they are discussing new measures to stop the free fall. I am really curious with what they come with. (the irony is: only the news that the cabinet is meeting sent the USD soaring .... the day will come when I will feel sorry for Guzman, I am almost there)

Well Guzman follows the instructions of Joe Stieglitz? Nobel Price 19xx ? No more Milton Friedman..!

Well Guzman follows the instructions of Joe Stieglitz? Nobel Price 19xx ? No more Milton Friedman..!
Well regardless of where you stand, under the current mantra "na vamos a devaluar", what are the options?
1) Doing nothing and wait (or announce a ten point plan with rainbows and unicorns, such as announced earlier this weeks)
2) In LaNacion, they mention that some sections of the Ks are thinking to force through a Peso conversion of the registered USD amounts. Even somehow make the farmers force to sell. I don't know how realistic this is, and how you could do this in practice.
3) IMF comes to the rescue ??? (although hard to believe... )

The most likely scenario will be - in the end - a devaluation.

Because that will make the problem disappear. Information is obviously the enemy.

My speculation - The peso has already been quietly devaluating by a few cents each day. The average sell rate is already 84.
I suspect they let that continue to slide away in the background. After all, last week Albie was promising us he wouldn’t allow devaluation or pesofication... and he is a man of integrity, apparently unlike Minister Sarasear.
I would imagine the return of a peaje or similar on parallel rate brechas cerca 2014 to try and build up the reserves. Price controls will be expanded and we will have a stable official inflation rate, while the unofficial inflation rate for all other goods and services goes apeshit - clothes for example are already at 60% YTD. Argentina will do it’s own calculation of inflation and poverty because “foreign measures don’t work here”. And the bubble we live in will just get bigger and more fantastical until one day it bursts and reality comes crashing home.

Well regardless of where you stand, under the current mantra "na vamos a devaluar", what are the options?
1) Doing nothing and wait (or announce a ten point plan with rainbows and unicorns, such as announced earlier this weeks)
2) In LaNacion, they mention that some sections of the Ks are thinking to force through a Peso conversion of the registered USD amounts. Even somehow make the farmers force to sell. I don't know how realistic this is, and how you could do this in practice.
3) IMF comes to the rescue ??? (although hard to believe... )

The most likely scenario will be - in the end - a devaluation.
The Argentine government will devalue the peso, they have no choice in the matter.

A weak situation will not all of a sudden become strong with options. They have no options, just the slow fade down.

Back