What would you say to yourself in 25 years?

On Monday, August 28, 2045 Clarín will be 100 years old. We want to invite you to be part of that anniversary by sending a message to yourself, addressed to your "self of the future." We will keep it for 25 years and on that date we will forward your own message to you by email.

You know, I keep seeing the headline for this post and it gets me to thinking:

I feel it is far more important to think in terms of ... "What should I be saying to myself now?"

When I think of all that is going on in the world and how it affects me with respect to what I can and can't do. And mind you, it is not all about CV 19. There are other factors I am considering: Politics / government policy directing and shaping our lives, socially active people and groups who want to impose their beliefs on others, economic opportunity, personal safety and the ability to pursue one's interest / direction in life ... to name a few.

I say to myself:

Slow and steady wins the race. Everything one does today, directly influences one's condition and prosperity, happiness etc...

Slow and steady is both calming and willful. It is very powerful, yet doesn't leave one exhausted or tired out from making the effort which is a little at a time ... over a lot of time. And as this is being done, simply block out the unwanted noise and disturbances. If one can do this, the future will take care of itself.

Back